5. Jimin

__________________________

"Jungkook, this way!", J-Hope's loud voice called out for me the moment he saw me.

As I ran over to him, I noticed that none of the street lights around us seemed to be working. They had all died out, giving plenty of room for darkness to intrude. Thankfully, a few lights a bit further away managed to be enough for me to at least see what was going on.

I looked around for Jimin but he was nowhere to be seen and J-Hope himself was sitting down in a squatting position behind a car that stood parked by the sidewalk. We were only about 100-200 meters from the restaurant.

"Where is Jimin?", I asked, crouching down beside my friend.

J-Hope looked down to the ground and I couldn't see his facial expression very well because of the darkness but judging by the atmosphere, it wasn't a bright one.

"Hyung?", I asked, more desperate this time.

I needed him to calm me before my thoughts evolved into something terrifying. What happened with Jimin? What did he do?

"I-I confessed to him... and then we started fighting and...", J-Hope's voice was shaking as he tried to explain the situation.

Confessed? To Jimin? J-Hope did? I closed my eyes for a second and thought it through. Sure, they had always been close to each other, they liked the same things, like exercising and stuff but... It had never even crossed my mind that they could fall in love in one another.

If you weren't here...
Maybe his answer would have been different...

His voice shot through my head. It sounded dark and greedy. Never, had I heard or even imagined J-Hope sound so poisonous before. I was glad about him not knowing about my ability... But what did he mean by those words though?

"What did Jimin say to you?", I asked, voice small and eyes shifting.

I didn't dare look at him. Instead, I swallowed nervously. Because without really knowing why, I felt a slight sting of guilt set in my chest.

That he liked you.

Hoseok's voice whispered inside me.

"That he didn't feel the same way...", His bitter voice told in reality.

...

What?

Suddenly, a sound of someone walking appeared to be close. It was just around the corner, drawing nearer and although I'm sure I felt scared as hell at that moment – I was so confused about the situation mixed with J-Hope's thoughts and words that I didn't really feel it.

It was too much to take in. Too much to organize. There was no time.

The streetlamps started to lit up one by one, slowly and clumsily. Each of them blinked a few times before they lit up completely. And then, in the midst of all that, a shadow appeared before us.

It was Jimin.

His eyes were cold without even the slightest hint of his usual bubbly personality. His clothes had gotten ripped at several places so you could see exposed parts of his stomach and arms here and there. He looked like he just had been in an intense fight with someone. He looked like a mess.