7. "Friends"

__________________________

"I like you.", Jimin said quietly, almost whispering the words.

My mind turned blank and I didn't know what to answer. Although I knew I was going to reject it, the words didn't seem to leave my mouth. I couldn't say it.

Shit.

While desperatly searching for a way to explain myself, I coincidentally glanced out the window. It didn't last long, as it was really just a brief glance, but yet; it was long enough for me to spot V standing down there looking up towards the building.

I stood up and my chair fell backwards and hit the floor with a loud sound. My thoughts span around inside of my head, constantly spitting new worries to confuse me with. I looked out the window again.

He was gone, but it didn't stop me.

It really was V, it was V i had seen out on the street. I was nearly 100% sure. Jimin watched me with a surprised face, he was panicking now for sure. I smiled an apologetic smile to him, pushing away the rejection for now.

I felt rushed, wanting to catch up to V...
Or maybe i was just grabbing any chance thrown at me to try to escape? I was such a coward.

"I'm sorry hyung. Something came up.", i said and started putting my jeansjacket on once again.

Jimins pupils went side to side rapidly inside of his eyes, but he didn't speak. Not even when i rushed out to the hall to put on my shoes. He followed me, starting to get really desperate by now, i could feel it.

I felt really sorry for him, i felt horrible. But the desperate moment had got to me and robbed me of all reasoning.

I was getting out of here.
To see V.

But the moment i touched the doorknob i felt my legs strangely give up.

The moment afterwards, the apartment turned black.

What happened?

Why couldn't i move my legs?

It didn't hurt but it was frustrating. It was dark, the only light in the apartment peacefully streamed in from the windows.

Jimin stepped out of the shadows and stopped in front of me. His face was blank and his head was hanging down.

"Why won't you... look at me?", Jimins voice was odd, dark, given up.

It scared me.

I backed away using my arms to move on the cold floor.

At that moment i heard someone loudly running his way up the metallic stairs outside.

V?

Jimin froze for a second, he had probably heard it too. He went up to me and grabbed me violently in the arm, starting to drag me back into the apartment, i struggled against him.

"Jimin, it hurts!", i said.

Someone started knocking hard on the front door and i could feel my tears welling up from relief when i heard V's familiar voice from the outside.