10.5. Childhood memories

__________________________

Sunflowers everywhere creating a sea of yellow, we stood on the hill by the field. Proudly, watching over our discovery.

I smiled and scribbled on the paper by the keyboard. "V 9 years old , Jungkook 7 years old."

I also drew a small colorless sunflower underneath.

V grabbed my hand that was a bit smaller than his own and lifted it up towards the sky.

"Another successful adventure!!", he yelled out to the field of flowers.

I laughed and lifted my other arm up as well.

"Successful adventure!!", i repeated and V laughed his typical giggling laughter.

We remained with our arms up for a few seconds before we lowered them again, in silence. V's hand was still tightly squeezing mine.

"This is a really cool place.", i said.

V nodded and then looked at me with playful, almost sparkling eyes.

"We'll find somewhere even cooler, right?", he said.

"Riiiiiiight.", i repeated.

"Keep it a secret from Jimin & J-Hope."

"Yes sir!"

He let go of my hand and sat down on the grass. I followed him. As we were sitting there, V suddenly started stroking the grass, patting it, playing with it. Fiddling.

I looked up from the paper i was scribbling on and smiled a little. Right, that was the first time...

The first time he had talked about his parents without me asking him.

"I miss them... When will they come and get me... I'm waiting..."

"Hyung..."

Tears running down his cheeks. His crying was loud and sad. Frustrating.
Desperate. And all of those other worthless feeling but... I didn't move.

I also didn't cry with him like i always did when he started crying.

Because although, i was young.
Although i didn't quite understand the situation and although i felt sad as well.

Something inside of my small body told me to be strong. Supporting.

I took his hand and wiped his tears with my other one. V sniffled and i smiled at him as i spoke:

"Let's go find a cooler place."

The words seemed to echo through the silence as i said them out loud in my empty apartment.

I glanced out the window at the night sky.

V.

Let's go find somewhere cooler, ok?

__________________________

Not a specific moment in time. Simply just a soothing memory to ease the pain.