Special: Alternative ending

__________________________

I touched it gently and read it slowly, word after word.

"Even in the end, i'm selfish. I'm sorry.

I'll be leaving but i know you'll be happy without me.

You're strong.

Strong enough to go on an adventure without me...

/V"

I suddenly felt my tears welling up without a good reason. What was happening? For some reason this...

Ah, it's him again.

I turned around quickly, sensing something in the air. A familiar presence... A familiar scent. I tried to focus my mind, something was hitting me from the inside in there, something wanted to come out. A memory. ...Remember it Jungkook.

Who is he?

"Aughh...", i groaned in frustration.

Remember.

Remember.

Remember me.

...

I turned around slowly, met by the sight of two legs dressed in black and a pair of well-used sneakers. The owner of the legs suddenly crouched down and i was met by a pair of kind eyes.

Big hands.

A small birthmark near the nosetip.

And a big squared smile.

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes as i finally remembered him. All the emptiness inside of me disappeared in an instant and was replaced with pure affection. Pure love. It was bubbling again, a feeling that felt familiar but yet not.

"I love you.", i said while smiling and with the tears running down over my cheeks.

V reached out his hands and wrapped me into his arms. I cuddled myself into the knitted scarf he was wearing. It felt warm.

"I love you too.", he said.

It really was his voice, it hadn't changed at all...

I'm so happy.

After both of us had calmed down a bit, we sat down on each sides of V's message, linked together by our holding hands.

"So what happened?", i asked him.

He bit his lips and kept his gaze focused on the sea for a few seconds before he answered.

"I couldn't let you die. When you said that you wanted to, both Namjoon & Suga were very eager to do as you wished but... Jin saved us. He shut all of us out of his darkness in an instant, well, except for you two... It sure was frustrating not knowing what would happen...", V said and chuckled a little.

"V..."

He smiled towards me.

"I don't know what he said to you inside of that darkness or if he just simply did the memory business... But i'm grateful, he also helped me get back here later by making me more human.", he said.

"I see... Then, i'm also grateful.", i said and smiled back at him.

I leaned against his shoulder when i suddenly remembered something. I hit him lightly on the chest.

"Yah! How can you write that i should go on an adventure on my own? How mean.", i said.

He laughed.

"I'll repay you later."

"Mm."

I'm happy.

Finally, we're connected.

__________________________

"Kill me.", i said.

Namjoon smiled and got ready to do as i wished.

"Stop!", V screamed.

And then they all disappeared with only Jin remaining. I blinked a few times in confusion.

"W-wha..."

"Should i kill you?", Jin asked.

...

"Please.", i said and closed my eyes shut tightly, Ready for what i thought was about to come.

However, to my surprise, Jin just laughed.

"You sure are brave, our Jungkookie...", he said.

"... I'm not."

"You're scared?"

"Yes."

"Then you're even braver."

"..."

Jin sighed.

"Can you wait a while?", he suddenly asked.

"What do you mean?"

"This is if you trust me or not. If you let me make you forget everything for just a few months or so... I will make it so that Taehyung will return here afterwards."

"Trust..."

Jin reached out his hand to me.

"Yeah. So Jungkook, will you trust me?"

...

__________________________

Alternative ending completed. 👌🏻 It's a more brighter one although i must say that i personally prefer the first ending. ~ But this was still fun to write so i hope you enjoyed it.

I also believe that it may be more satisfying to some people compared to the last one, haha.

Which ending did you prefer?

Thanks for reading. ^^