8. We're not clueless

__________________________

The day after, i woke up in Jimin's apartment. I could feel my head hurt slightly and stood up from the couch i had been sleeping on to get a glass of water. I silently sneaked through the room, avoiding J-Hope that had fallen asleep on the fluffy carpet.

I looked around. Where were the others? Well, Jimin was probably sleeping in his room. V? No idea. He hadn't left again, right?

I went into the kitchen and was relieved when i saw V sitting by the small dining table with his head directed towards the window. He turned around to look at me as he heard me enter.

"Good morning.", i said.

"Ah... Good morning.", V answered.

I filled a glass of water and sat down on the chair in front of him. Why was he so timid? Was it because of what he had told us last night? One of the sentences echoed through my brain: "You may not believe me when i say this, but i am not from here. This reality is not mine, it's a reality I'm intruding on, and nature doesn't like it. So it hands out curses to those close to me... It's really... My fault."

The last words had been sad and filled the room with an odd feeling. We had been silently thinking the words through carefully, it hurt a bit that we couldn't say it wasn't his fault since we barely knew anything about it. The mood in the room had been very tense, no one answering him and V had just blankly continued, a little bit like a robot: "It seems your powers are controlled by your emotions and in Jimin's case... He had very strong ones. Although the chance is strong that they are actually just appearing randomly as well."

"Hey V.", i said.

V's gaze met mine. He seemed almost shy, hiding under his bangs. His hair was standing everywhere, styled for him in his sleep. I smiled.

"Want to play cards?", i asked.

"Huh?"

He had not expected the question.

"I think Jimin has them somewhere... Wait.", i said, stood up and opened the small cabinet by the kitchen door.

Indeed, a card game was neatly placed in the middle of it. V looked at me and blinked a few times, he hadn't properly woken up yet. Or maybe he was just being V.

I sat down in front of him again.

"What do you want to play?", i asked and started mixing the cards.

"Stress.", he answered.

"No way, i always lose when i play that against you."

"I'll let you win."

I smiled and split the card deck in two.

"Count your cards.", i said.

As we were playing rapidly and stressfully, i took the chance to ask. It was like the game made my brain warm up.

"You told us a lot last night.", i said and laid out two new fives on the cards in the middle.

V just hummed as an answer, his hands didn't stop moving.