9. A call for help

__________________________

"We meet again.", he said.

I smiled politely at him and turned my head to look behind me, aware of that V and the blonde guy was still in motion. I couldn't see them, they had probably gone around the corner. Their voices were faint but could still be heard.

I turned back and met Namjoon's eyes. I bowed slightly.

"Excuse me...", i said and backed away.

I walked towards the convenience store where just before it, the road split into different ways. V & the blonde guy took the left one... I stopped in the roadsplit and got stuck almost stupidly staring at the empty road before me. The left road was empty. I had lost them.

"Damn...", i said to myself.

Namjoon walked up to me and put his hand up to his forehead, as if he was looking for something.

"What?", he asked.

"No... Nothing. I just thought...", i said but didn't finish my sentence due to my thoughts taking over.

Why was V with him? Why here? Had he been with him all of the days he wasn't with us? What would i do if i had followed them? Confront him?

"You seem to have a lot of thoughts.", Namjoon said.

I didn't answer him.

"Let me give you my number.", he said and took up his phone.

I turned my attention to him due to his unexpected words.

"Eh?", i said, "Why?"

"Because i want to.", he answered, "numbers?"

"I'm not sure that..."

"Numbers."

"... Who are you?"

"Namjoon."

"But..."

He lowered his hand and gave me a complaining look. His free hand was moving while he was speaking.

"I can help you; i see that you are confused by something. I'm really smart, you know? And besides...", he tilted his head and smiled a little, "I feel like you're desperately going to want it later anyways."

I met his eyes with a serious gaze. My thoughts seemed to unexpectedly change direction. Something was up. Did he really know something? Something stung in my head for a second and i could feel it hurt a bit... my breathing sped up a little and Namjoon's smile appeared in my mind again.

After that...

My mind felt blank. Erased.

...

I should give him my number, right?

"Good boy.", he said and a beep sound could be heard for every digit he tanked in.

Why did i say it though?

Ow, my head...
__________________________