6. The light within the darkness

__________________________

The first thing that crossed my mind when I woke up was V.

I sat up and let my gaze wander slowly around the room. It was my living room, definitely. And soon enough, I also found that I was placed in my own couch, with a blanket neatly covering my lower body. I was home, and the apartment seemed to be empty although I could have sworn that I'd heard V's voice near me last night.

I stood up and went into my room. Empty.

I walked past the hallway into the kitchen. Empty as well.

I sighed.

Yeah, surely, it had been just a dream...

However, as soon as I thought that, something on the kitchen desk caught my attention. A post-it note? I took it up and read it.

"Even idiots that are good at everything should eat... Check the fridge."

The writer didn't leave a name but I  didn't need it. This was without a doubt V's handwriting. It made me feel oddly emotional. So he had been here...

I smiled a weak smile and raised my hand to my face to cover my eyes that started to get wet. I bent my head backwards and chuckled lowly while lowering my hand holding the post-it note.

"What... You're the idiot."

I felt a lone tear slowly make its way down my cheek. It felt ticklish.

I missed him.

I put the post-it back where I found it, sniffled, and then went to check the fridge with rather high expectations. Did V really cook for me?

Of course not. I had to face-palm once I saw what was in the fridge. A pack of home ordered chicken with sauce and radish stood alone on one of the shelves.

Well, I guess it was better than nothing.

I brought the chicken into my room and worked on my webtoon for the next few hours. It had to be done, and I actually felt quite inspired today. It was like I had, thanks to V, found some light and strength inside of this tiring darkness. Although, the fact that our friendship gang was smashed to pieces still stood.

I did not look forward to seeing Jimin at all. Did he know that I knew that he liked me? Either way, it was guaranteed to be awkward as hell. I shook my head in an attempt to get the negative thoughts off my mind and took a small bite of my chicken instead. It was a bit cold, as I hadn't warmed it enough, but still good.

It was nearly afternoon when I put the pen down and rubbed my tired eyes. I had been looking at the screen for too long. I took a deep breath and stretched my arms into the air. Life seemed easy all of a sudden. It was almost like I was watching it from a carefree bystanders view. Like a cat spreading it's body out in the sunlight while watching it's owners having an intense fight in the background.

It all felt distant.

However, that feeling didn't get for last very long. It all got interrupted when my phone started ringing and I quickly noted that it was Jimin. I stood up from my chair as I took the call and spoke bravely through the line. I had to act like normal.