Just another girl (chapter 21)

Liam's POV

The drive to the meeting was almost silent. The only thing braking the silence was the revving of the engine or Harry muttering something to himself. The whole journey he was staring at his mobile obviously waiting for a text from Charlotte. I know that Ashley has fallen out with her before over nothing which means that she must have a short fuse. "what would you do in this situation Liam?" The words took me by surprise as we entered the car park. "Well mate, you know what's she's like and if you still like her then you will have to learn to live with it." I hoped my words would push Harry to do something rushed but then again if Charlotte is a bad influence I don't think that he should be spending so much time with her.

As we made our way into the building my phone rang, it was Ashley. "Hey babe, everything alright?" I said making my way over to the lift to meet the rest of the boys. "Yeah I'm fine but I think you should know that Harry and Charlotte were arguing over me and about me coming on tour with you" she sounded disappointed at the fact that mine and her best friend were arguing over a decision we had all made together. "If they were then it doesn't matter, I asked you to come on tour and that's nothing to do with them. Don't worry about it I'm sure we will make sure everything is alright with Harry in the meeting." I heard her inhale and then exhale before answering
"I hope he's alright Liam, Charlotte can be such a bitch at times and he doesn't deserve it"
"He will be fine, I better go Ash, Simon is waiting for me. See you later"
"Okay" she said before ending the call.

I met the rest of the boys at the top of the lift where they were all sat on sofas. The receptionist who I believed was called Andrea turned to us to say that Simon was waiting before we all made our way hastily to his office door.

"Hey boys, come sit down" he said a smile beaming across his face. Usually in our meeting Simon was jolly but today he seemed different. I eventually put it down to the fact that it was nearly time for the tour. "So are you four exited for the upcoming months?" We all nodded however Harry's expression wasn't convincing. Simon obviously noticed his lack of energy and concentration, "you alright mate?" He directed to Harry still not getting a proper answer. "Right is someone going to tell me what's going on?" There was a hint of anger in his voice but nothing to scare us. The boys all looked lost before turning and looking at me before flicking their eyes back to Harry.

"It's Charlotte" I began, "she knows that Ashley is coming on tour with us and has got a bit upset about not being asked to come herself." My voiced trailed off as I saw Simon pursing his lips together as if in deep thought.

"And do you really want her to come?" Simon said looking at Harry to try and get a response. For the first time in the whole meeting his gaze rose to look at Simon who was being unbelievably caring.

"I'm not sure, is it okay if I think about it?" Harry's tone was slightly sad as he spoke but his facial expression seemed brighter. Simon nodded at his answer before looking one again at me.

"Maybe you should take Harry back home, I'm sure the others will tell you about anything important that is said" by this time Harry had already risen from his seat and was making his way slowly to the door. I shot a reassuring glance towards Simon, Louis and Niall before following Harry's path out of the door. He was sat on the sofa in the waiting room looking slightly more upbeat than earlier on the car journey which was a definite positive.

Harry's POV

I was staring at the floor still thinking when a figure stood raised in front of me. I looked up to see Liam smiling down at me. I followed him to the lift which would lead us down to where he had parked his car.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Charlotte had said this morning. She had a point about coming but I don't know how I felt about her being there with me. This was wrong. If I loved her then I should want her to come on important things such as a tour with me. But I couldn't help feeling that I didn't want her there. This next tour we were starting in just over a month and I couldn't help but think about how different it would be to our last. For starters Zayn was no longer with us which we all missed as he was a great part of the band and one of our best friends. Also Ashley was going to be there and I am exited about that. Liam is so lucky to have someone as loving as Ashley and he really deserves it. Ashley was beautiful, funny, caring and she couldn't be mine. I quickly snapped out of my trance letting a tiny gasp escape my lips at my sudden thought. Liam had just turned into a driveway which was familiar to me, it was Ashley's. Liam must be staying at hers tonight.