Just another girl (chapter 6)

I woke up in the morning at about 7:30, today i was going out to meet up with Charlotte. I haven't seen Charlotte for a couple of weeks because she has been ill and has not been at collage and also since it is now the summer holidays i wasn't going to see her as much anyway. Once i was feeling awake i decided to go down stairs and make some toast and a hot chocolate (my usual breakfast). After i had eaten my toast and drunk my hot chocolate i made my way into my bedroom to sort out what i was going to wear. I quickly texted Charlotte to make sure she was still ok for today. She replyed saying ' sure thing honey, see you soon xx.'

I put on my purple skater skirt and tucked in my tye dye t-shirt. I put my hair quickly into a side fish tale plait and pinned back bits of hair that were loose. It was quite warm outside because the sun was out and for once it was not raining. I slipped on my red pumps and walked down stairs and saw that Sandra was up. "Is it ok if I go out and meet up with charlotte?" I asked "sure, just text me when you will be home yeah." She said smiling at me before I walked toward the door. I unlocked it and opened it and in a matter of seconds I was off up towards the post office.

It took about me about ten minuets to walk to the post office and by the time I had got there it was coming up to 10:20 which meant that I had time to go in to the post office and get a packet of mini marshmallows for me and Charlotte to share as I knew that they were her favourite. By the time I had payed for the marshmallows it was coming up to 10:30 so I made my way back outside to see Charlotte waiting for me. "Charlotte!" I called.

"Ashley, omg I've missed you." She ran up to me and gave me a massive hug. "Shall we go to my house and do our nails." I said wiggling my fingers in front of me.

We walked back down to my house and went into my room to fetch my manicure set. Me and Charlotte only know each other because we study the same things at college. Beauty and hairdressing. This year was our last year at collage and we have both achieved a level three in both hairdressing and beauty. Now all we have to do is get a job in a salon.

I gave Charlotte a French manicure before she painted my nails with deep purple gel nail polish."We need to get a job in a salon!" Said Charlotte. I looked at her as if to say well done Sherlock, but then I had a brain wave. "We should open up our own salon!" Charlotte turned to me and smiled, "We could get our college friends to come and work for us!" She said suddenly. "And there is that shop next to the post office up for sale, the one that used to be the bakery." We looked at each other oddly for a second trying to work out if we actually meant it. "I'm being Serious." I said first.

"Me too!" Replied Charlotte. We hesitated for a moment before I said "let's go and ask about the shop!"