FINALLY Going Home

March 3rd, 2004

Guess's POV

And so, along with Matt, Mello and Robin, we stepped off the plane. Alive and healthy. Well, as far as I was concerned I was healthy; I mean like, I wasn't sick, nor injured, just a scab and far from dying (I hope). We got back to Wammy's House at about lunch time so everyone saw us return. Now there's a face I'd love to see! NOT. Watari opened the door and we were greeted by Roger Dodger and Lust's shoes weren't difficult to hear approaching. She rushed towards us and saw Robin.

"Robin! Oh my, God, you've changed! What's with all that, you're not wearing makeup and your hair is up and what the hell happened to your eye?! Did she do something to you?!" Lust quickly turned and death glared me for a second and turned back to Robin once she started responding.

"Yeah, she did." Lust was about to say something but before she could Robin spoke again. "She helped me become myself again, ever since I came into this orphanage, I've been bored of your shenanigans. Oh, Watari, after I quickly unpack, could we quickly pop out and buy some more comfortable clothes for myself?" Watari smiled and nodded, he was being kept busy by Roger at the door, not listening to what Robin was actually talking about to Lust. "Now if you'll excuse me I have Elfen Lied to read and real friends to be with." She smiled innocently whilst Lust just stood there in shock. Robin began to skip up the stairs to her room and Mello followed, then I did, extending my free hand which wasn't carrying my suitcase towards Matt. He took it but was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

"Matty, don't tell me-..." she trailed off once she realised I was holding his hand. From sadness came anger on her face, she just stared at me and so I turned back, still holding Matt's hand, and continued walking up the stairs. She called out to me. "You're gonna regret this, you hear me, Guess!?"

"Okay!" I shouted back. Matt and I both laughed as we turned the corner out of her sight.

Once I got to my door I turned to Matt.

"I'm just gonna unpack, then we can grab a bite to eat, I'm starving!" My gaming buddy smiled and nodded as he turned to go to his room.

Matt's POV

"Hey, Mells ," I was about to continue but he shot me a glare.

"Don't call me that."

"Okay, okay."

"What happened last night then anyway?"

I explained the whole thing to Mello, her heart stopping, her waking up and then the confession.

"What did she say when you told her?!" I wasn't sure whether I should have told him far too late. I knew he liked her. He noticed the hesitation and said, "It's fine, she suits you more than I do, you little gaming bastard."

"No words were spoken, she just sat in front of me and... kissed me. I... I've never felt better in my life, I don't know, it was like the cycle was finally complete."

"I'm happy for you Matt, I really am."

"Hey, all that's left is for you to hit it up with Robin, eh? Eh?" I nudged him with my elbow.

"Oh, get off, she seems practically asexual."

"You don't know that."

"I don't mind being alone, a little while longer and we will all leave this orphanage together."

"What about succeeding L?"

"Wow, that's surprising, I forgot for a moment. I suppose I really do just want to get out of here... No, I can't let that son of a sheep beat me. I'm always going to keep striving for the top because of him."

"Meh, I have no care for succeeding L, if that's what you want to do then I'm more than happy to help you." Mello pushed his suitcase under his bed.

"Do you think L will actually die during the Kira case?"

"I'd say no way, but when L himself says that he might die, who's gonna know better?"

"We'll just have to wait it out then."

"Let's just make the most of the time we have now. Here; in Wammy's House."

"Sounds like a plan."

-------------------------------------------

And a short little chapter to finish off the end of this 'chunk', that was one hell of a roller-coaster! I'm glad some of you took the time to read my little rant last chapter. It means a lot.

Commenters today are:

TheWammyDuo
Dj-Nikky
TigerCorn
shannon_ogrady

Thanks for reading! If anyone has anything you want to see happen in future, please don't hesitate to PM me or comment and with that, I'll see you in the next one!

-Guess