22. Awaken

OKAY SO FIRST OFF I'D LIKE TO SAY THAT THE VIDEO ABOVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY I JUST FUCKING LOVE IT.  DOWNTOWN IS SO HILARIOUS.  SECOND I DID PROMISE A CHAPTER THIS WEEKEND SO HERE IT IS.  I AM POSTING LATER THAN I WANTED TO BUT I HAVE TO WRITE MY SPEECH FOR ARGUMENT AND DEBATE CLASS AND THE TOPIC I CHOOSE IS REALLY HARD TO WRITE ABOUT BECAUSE I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT IT SO IF ANYONE DISAGREES I WILL GET ANGRY WHICH IS WHY IT IS SO HARD BECAUSE I NEED TO WRITE ABOUT FACTS AND NOT WHY THERE SHOULD BE NO DISCUSSION ON THE SUBJECT JUST CHANGE IT.  CONFUSED?  I'M WRITING MY SPEECH ON WHY IT IS BENEFICIAL TO HAVE GENDER LESS BATHROOM FOR QUEER GENDER IDENTIFIED FOLKS.  ANYWAY I'M SURE NONE OF YOU ALL ARE INTERESTED IN MY DEBATE SO HERE IS THE STORY.

Leah

The last thing I remember was jumping in front of the wolf to save the two weres from a fight.  I was not sure if i was successful.  I wasn't even sure if I was alive.  I felt like I was drowning in darkness and every time I tried to get closer to the surface of the water I was sucked back down even deeper than I had been to start with.  Was I dead?  I couldn't say for sure I was dead because if I was where were the heavenly gates I hear so much about?  But then again I couldn't discredit that I could possibly  be dead because having never died before I would not know what it would feel like to be dead.  

Slowly after many hours of resurfacing and being pulled back under certain senses started to return to me.  Touch was the first thing.  I could feel the coldness like the cold water I had just been in seep into my every pore.  My whole body ached.  Suddenly I felt warmth against something, my hand perhaps?  and then sound came to me. 

"I love you, please come back to me.  We are going to be parents!  I can't do that without you, Leah.  I can't live without you by my side.  A world without you in it is no world at all so wake up.  Wake up!  WAKE UP, DAMMIT!"

"Sir!  You cannot be in here and disrupting not only this patient but all the patients on the ICU ward.  Do you not understand what ICU means?  All the patients are in intensive care and you cannot be screaming at them."  I did not know these people but when the man from early spoke to me I felt butterflies circle in my stomach.  I had to wake up for that boy.  For our child?

Lena

After Lance's outburst he was banned from Leah's room.  I could see it killing him.  He and I were wearing the same clothes from the other night when he brought her in and we had barley eaten just what someone would occasionally bring.  Our parents had been unreachable but were due home in two day and our brothers made it today.  Ron walked in with extra clothes for us with Jonas on his heels with food.  The smell of fried goodness reached my nose and my stomach growled.  

"What's his problem?"  Ron asked when they saw Lance pacing the waiting room.

"He caused a scene in Leah's room last night and they banned him from returning to see her."

"My mate and my baby!"  Lance said hitting the wall.  Growling he advanced on the three of us and said, "I will kill these people.  They will not let me see her anymore.  I cannot go without seeing her."  His eyes were turning colors and we could all see he was losing control.   

"Lance," Jonas started but didn't get to finish because Lance was walking through us to the door that led to the ICU.  I gave Jonas and Ron a look and went over to my twin. 

"Lancer!"  When he looked over at me I collided with him throwing my arms around him and letting him cry in my arms.  I rubbed his back and shhhhed him as the tears kept flowing.  Leah's parents had always been fond of us and weren't even mad at Lance for knocking up their daughter because they knew Leah had a part in the making of the child that now rest in her womb.  So when they returned from visiting they informed Lance of Leah's every mood and how when they mentioned his name her heart rate had raised.  

"What does that mean?"  I asked them as Lance sat there in awe.  

"It means that she can hear us.  If she can hear us then she is coming back.  It won't be long now."  Leah's mom said as she hugged her husband close.  Leah's mom had always been the strong one in their relationship which is probably where Leah got all her strength from.  That night we laid in the uncomfortable chairs in the bright room and tried to sleep.  Before I fell asleep I saw Lance sitting next to the wall connecting to the ICU and with his hand against the wall he kept whispering to himself, "I'm right here.  I love you."  Over and over he whispered this and soon I fell asleep to the sound of his speech.  

Leah

When I opened my eyes it was blurry at first then it all came to me.  I was in a hospital bed with a sad excuse of a blanket thrown on top of me.  A nurse walking past stopped to check my monitors and when she saw my eyes open she smiled at me and said, "How are you feeling dear?"

"I need..."  I coughed my throat was dry and scratchy and my voice hoarse.  

"Yes, dear, what do you need?"  She held a paper cup of water to my parched lips and I drank like someone who had been stuck in the desert for days would drink.  I smiled and thanked her and she asked again what it was I needed.

"I need..." Coughing again I continued, "Lance."

SORRY AGAIN IF THIS SUCKED I'M TRYING TO GET BACK INTO MY WRITING GROOVE.  I WILL WRITE ANOTHER CHAPTER WEDNESDAY AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE A BIT BETTER.  LOVE YOU ALL!