21. The Sadness Within

Lena

Lance set Leah down on the couch and explained what had happened.  He said after Leah passed out a wolf came along and in protecting her the wolf attacked Lance.  Lance then explained that out of nowhere Leah ran between him and the wolf and while he protected her from some of the hit she was still in bad shape.  He contacted the Pride's doctor and she was on her way over.  Growling at the two wolves to turn their heads Lance striped Leah down and put a warm blanket on top of her.  I knew her injuries were serious but it still surprised me that Lance did not even blink an eye at Leah's naked form but kept trying to warm her up and make sure she was safe.  

"Lance, I'm scared."  I told him with tears running down my cheeks.  When he looked over at me I realized he was crying too.

"I am too," I threw my arms around him and I wasn't quite sure who was comforting who at this point.  When Doctor Miller came in she and Lance started talking as she examined Leah while I took the two wolves to the kitchen.  

"Brandon, Phillip."  I took a deep breath.  "I just can't deal with this right now.  I need to be with my best friend right now.  I need to only be worrying about her, my brother, and my niece or nephew."

"Wait, Leah is pregnant?"  Brandon was looking at me so surprised that it was almost comical.  

"Yes she thinks so and I agree.  She has been extra moody, eating more than per usual, and for once in her life her period was late....by a couple months."  Brandon looked down at me frowning.  

"I need to stay so that I can report back to the pack on her condition.  I think,"

"Lena!  Call Leah's parents and tell them to meet us at the hospital, right now!"

I hate hospitals.  They are so cold and white.  While Leah was in the ICU I spent my time in the waiting room not so patiently waiting for the few visiting hours that were granted for ICU patients.  Leah hadn't woke up yet and the only way we, non family members, were allowed to see her was that we told them the truth.  That the baby inside of her was our family and she was my sister.  Lance was going crazy.  They told us that Leah and the baby were under nourished, dehydrated, and Leah had broken some bones during her "car crash".  Leah had broken one leg, a wrist, and cracked a couple rips.  Every couple hours Lance, Brandon, and I would make our way downstairs to the chapel in this hospital and pray that everyone would be okay.  She still had not woken up but the doctors were hopefully.  They said that she had not had much rest recently and needed it.  The main concern of the doctors were brain injury.  If she starts bleeding in the brain then we should worry but so far we were lucky on that account.  Spencer had made it and most of the pack and pride were here though they could not see Leah.  My brother and I along with Brandon and Phillip were keeping all the members from fighting.  

"Lena?"  Lance asked as we sat away from the others waiting for another visiting hour.  

"Yes, hun?"  

"Do you think they will be okay?"  He looked down at me and his face was just too pitiful i wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close.  

"Shhhh," I said as I hugged him tightly.  

We held hands as we walked back to see her.  She laid in a plain off white hospital bed with a flimsy cover over her.  She was shivering but they would not let us bring her another blanket till her temperature went down.  Lance almost got kicked out when they told us that because he and I both know how cold she gets.  Her hair had dried from the rain and was braided by her mom to keep it out of the way.  She had so many wires, monitors, and casts on her to make us feel like she was the miracle the doctors said she was.  There were dark marks under her eyes from sleepless nights I should have noticed before now.  She looked so small and fragile that I couldn't think of her as a mother.  She was just a child herself, barely sixteen and yet her she was pregnant with my brother's child.  

OKAY I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY I HAVE NOT UPDATED IN FOREVER.  I DECLARED A DOUBLE MAJOR AT SCHOOL PLUS AND WORKING FULL TIME AND APART OF A CLUB.  I QUIT MY CLUB TODAY THOUGH BECAUSE THE PEOPLE IN IT WERE ASSHOLES SO NOW I HAVE EVERY WEDNESDAY TO WRITE.  I WILL TRY WRITING A CHAPTER EVERY WEDNESDAY AND POSTING IT.  I WILL POST ANOTHER CHAPTER THIS WEEKEND BECAUSE THIS ONE SUCKED AND IT HAS BEEN SO LONG.  I AM SUPER SORRY PEOPLES.  TOO MANY CLASSES AND TOO LITTLE TIME.  IF ANY OF YOU ALL LIVE IN EAST TENNESSEE WE SHOULD TOTALLY MEET UP BECAUSE I NEED NEW FRIENDS AND YOU ALL ARE AWESOME.  SORRY AGAIN FOR NOT POSTING IN FOREVER AND FOR THIS SUCKING CHAPTER, HOPING THE NEXT CHAPTER I POST WHICH WILL BE WRITTEN AND POSTED THIS WEEKEND IS BETTER.  LOVE YA'LL.