9. My Mate, Lena

I took a deep breath before I put the disc into my blue ray player.  When it started there was a young boy on the screen.  He was so adorably cute.  Short black hair with bright green eyes and I knew this little guy was my mate in his younger years. 

“Okay, Brandon start.” Said a woman’s voice behind the camera.  Brandon fidgeted from foot to foot. 

“Hi, future mate,” he said waving to the camera and the woman laughed.  “What now, mommy?” 

“Say how you can’t wait to meet her then tell her a little about yourself.”

“My name is Brandon Alan Benet.  I’m six years old and already love you.”  Blush filled the little boy’s cheeks.  “I like to be outside but I also like books.  Just don’t tell Phillip because he makes fun of me for it.” Young Brandon pouted at that and then a woman came into view.  She was short with long flowing black curls and forest green eyes.  She went up to the boy and wrapped her small arms around him.

“You’re my sensitive little pup and your future mate is lucky to have you.”  Yes I am.

Then scene changed to the same boy just a year older.  Again he told a tad about himself.  They showed a side of Brandon I never saw before.  He made a short video that gradually got longer every year.  I learned that he made these on the first day of every school year and that Phillip made fun of him for it when he was younger.  His mother helped him until he became fifteen and then he wanted it to be more private.  His first one without his mother’s beseeching eyes was the first one I was mentioned.

“I met a girl today.  She was feisty and beautiful but a lion.  Her name was Lena.  I felt something for her, a pull at my heart when I saw her, before I realized she was a lion.”  He had been looking down when he said this but then looked up and seemed to meet my eyes through the screen.  “I can’t wait to meet you.  Because if I feel this way to Lena in a short visit I can’t imagine what I will feel for my mate when I finally see her.”

The next year he was convinced it was me.

“Lena!  I know this is you.  You are the only person who could possibly be watching this.  I’m sorry in advance for what I did to you over the years I had to try to not let you or anyone see my true feelings.  I have changed from a nice kid into an ass whole so that you won’t feel like you’re the only one I mistreat.”  A rustling sound was heard and Brandon quickly finished this meeting.  “As always I leave you with my love my mate.  My Lena.  My everything.”  The screen turned black and then in a flash quotes came across the screen.  “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Marz played in the background. 

There is no pretending I love you and I will love you until I die and if there is a life after that I will love you then.

I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth.  But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.

I can offer you my life, but it is a short life; I can offer you my heart, though I have no idea how many more beats it shall sustain.

Always.  Always.

All efforts to save me from you will fail.

Okay? Okay.

It is not my sacrifice I offer.  It is yours I ask of you.

I have wanted to do this, every moment of every hour of every day that I have been with you since the day I met you.

I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly and then all at once.

You are not the last dream of my soul.  You are the first dream, the only dream I ever was unable to stop myself from dreaming.  You are the first dream of my soul, and from that dream I hope will come all other dreams, a lifetime’s worth.

Some infinites are bigger that other infinites.

These are from some of my favorite books.  They are all how I feel about you.  I wanted to tell you I’m sorry and that I love you but I am not as romantic as any of these people.  So I will say it in the simplest way I know how, I love you.  I love you Lena more than you could possibly ever love me or anyone could ever love you.  My love for you is deeper than the ocean and higher than the stars.  Was that too corny?  Sorry if it was I told you I’m not good at this.  Just know I would do anything for you at any time because you are my mate and no one means to me what you do.  My love for you exceeds anyone else’s.

I felt the tears fall down my face and realized I’d been crying for a while.  I picked up the phone and called the one person I wanted most.

COMMENT

VOTE

READ ON….

Who do you think Lena wants most?  You might be surprised with who she calls…