8. The Tulips

I woke with pain and regret in my heart. Should I have done that to Brandon? Should I have ended it before it began? Would he apologize?

I wasn't Sure but Maybe looking good today would make him consider it. I wore tight dark skinny jeans and a cute navy blue top that appeared like a dress but was way to short to be one. Then I gripped some heels and added a lite make-up and straightened my golden hair.

I was so busy getting dressed I didn't notice I was getting a call till after the person left a voicemail.  it was an unknown number and my heart lifted. Brandon! Oh, wait he would have called from his phone...

I gingerly picked up my phone from my bedside table and listened to the message.

"Hey Lena," I'd know that voice anywhere. "It's me. I just wanted to tell you that I am coming home for fall break.  That's in two weeks time and I want to see you when I get there. I really like you Lena and would like to try a relationship with you, if that's Okay? Call me back. By the way this is my new number." I sighed and felt my cheeks redden. Philip pretty much just asked me out!

Phillip, a guy I had loved for some time now. Of course now I was the mate of his brother but we were currently not speaking.  Deciding I couldn't thinking this an longer if I wanted to make it to school on time I left.

Spencer was leaning against my locker, blocking it, when I walked into the school.

"Spence, are you going to move?" I gave him my 'I'm not in the mood' look.

"I Will move if you give me a hug." I rolled my eyes at his antics and pulled him in for a hug. I didn't want to be this close to him. With his strong arms around me I remembered how I felt for him. I knew it was so cliche but I was in love with my brother's best friend. I switched between Phillip and Spencer in my affection so much I couldn't even tell myself who I loved more. But I couldn't feel this way! I had a mate! But No one decided to tell my racing heart and sweaty palms that.

I finally pulled back to see his everlasting sunny smile. Trying to hide my blush I busied myself with opening my locker. Inside was a pink rack that I laid binders on and internet was where my books sat. I had a mirror and three hocks.  One hook for my backpack, one for my purse, and one for my gym bag. Then I had pictures on the door. There was a picture of Leah and me, Lance and me, Lance and Spencer and me, and one of my whole family.

"You are such a girl!" Spencer commented looking my locker over but I knew for a fact that he like that I had a picture of him in there. I loved pictures.  I had a whole box full back home and when Leah came back she was going to help me make one of the walls in my room into a picture wall.

"Isn't that a good thing?" I gave him a look and he repaid me with a cheeky grin.

"Yeah, I was just kidding. I love that you're a girl." He then touched my cheek and I felt my eyes widen of their own accord.  He let his hand drop as I got my things for my first block class.  Spencer took my book and binder and walked off to his locker. He maneuvered and managed to get his locker open and the stuff out without giving me back my stuff. Then he shut it but couldn't lock it.

"Do you mind locking that?"

"Yes I do." I said and then threw him a smile to show him that I was just kidding. I stepped forward and locked his locker back. Then he walked me to class.  Brandon was going into the classroom when Spencer and I came forward and I blushed self cautiously as Brandon gave me a once-over.

"Do you want me to come set these on your desk?" Spencer asked.

"No Thanks, Spence I think I can manage and Thanks for carrying my stuff." He hoped before walking away. When he looked back I was still standing there Smiling so I quick ducked my head and ran inside the class.

Brandon didn't even give me a glance.

After first I went to my locker to switch books when I opened it a tulip laid on my books.  It was a beautiful red. It had a little note attached. The note said "I know you prefer tulips to roses."

How did he know this? I think I mentioned it once freshmen year to some guy. The guy had told me how all girls had one thing in common and it was that their favorite flowers were roses. I corrected him stating mine were tulips. Brandon had been in that class. I didn't know he was listening though. Much less remembering.

Brandon was in my next block class and I wanted to go to him and say apology accepted but I knew that in our current arrangement that wouldn't be advisable. So I keep quiet. He didn't even look at me during our algebra II second block.

After class I went to my locker to find a purple tulip. This ones note said "Your favorite color is purple." I smiled at that comment because yet again it showed how much he truly cared about me.

It went like this all day. I got a tulip  after every class.

Third block - "You have three brothers."

Fourth block - "You are kind, nice, and sweet."

Fifth block - "You love my voice and like it when I call you babe."

Sixth block - "You are beauitful."

By then I had six flowers. All different colors and notes. The last one I got I found a disc that said 'watch alone' on it.

I drove home quickly and after an appropriate amount of time I went up the stairs to my room.

What team are you on???

Team Brandon?

Team Phillip?

Team Spencer?

COMMENT

VOTE

READ ON...