Maid Cafe?

~~~
Picture is of Shina, Akumu's bestieee
~~~

This morning went a lot smoother than all of the others. I woke up to my own alarm, got dressed easily, and walked down the stairs to eat breakfast on time with Akashi.

We arrived at the school and went our separate ways, he branching off one way and I the other. I got to homeroom and sat down in my seat avoiding talking to others. Girls still seemed to hate me, what a shocker, but because I still feel slightly sick and my ears are kind of stuffy, I couldn't hear their rude whispers.

I looked over at Shina who sat a ways away from me and she looked like she was about to open her mouth to speak to me, but before she could, the door opened and sensei walked in. She shut her mouth and focused to the front of the room and I did the same.

What was she going to say?

"As you heard yesterday, we will be holding a beginning of fall festival called Fallfest. You all made your groups to participate and signed shifts as well. I will be handing out the roster that you all signed to make sure you got the group and shift you wanted," Sensei began to pass out the papers and handed one to me. I looked at the paper and in read through it.

I skimmed through it and saw Akashi's name on the list for a pickup basketball game. Of course. I looked through it more and spotted my name.

'Maid Cafe: Shift 2-4, Akumu Katsu'

Who signed me up for this, and the signature looks almost exactly like mine! I automatically shot my gaze to Shina who had a slight smile and an 'I'm sorry' look to her face. I stuck my tongue out at her and looked back at the list. Her name seemed to be on the same shift as mine and I had to participate in the festival somehow because it is pot a participation grade, so I didn't erase my name.

In previous years, the maid cafe has been where some of the prettiest girls in the school get together and wear these, what I think are stupid, maid outfits with short and poofy skirts that I literally want to burn. They are forced to act polite to anyone that comes in through the doors and call them 'masters'. I have the shift 2-4 which is the shift lasting two hours where I am a waiter, but what I really wanted was to just hide in the kitchen.

I left the classroom and met up with Akashi in my next class.

"So I see you are one of the main roles in the maid cafe?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't sign up for it, Shina did," I sat down next to him in a seat.

"My pickup game is only going to last about 45 minutes and it's around the first half of the 2-4 shift, so I can probably stop by..." He trailed off.

"Please don't!"

"Oh why not?"

"Because I said so, so go find something else to do!"

I didn't want him to see me in those perverted outfits and calling him master. I would probably die of humiliation.

He didn't give me a talking response, but turned to face the front with a defiant smirk. That was a good enough response for me to know that he is coming.

I slumped in my seat and groaned facing the front too.

This is not going to end well...