A kiss before the zombie apocalypse

The demigods gathered in the arena.

Even though we lost the younger campers we still have at least a hundred demigods gathered to fight.

  But will that be enough?

When I approach the group, everyone turns to me, making a path to the front.

  I feel everyone's eyes following me as I walk to the front of the group. I spot Bella, Logan, Alice, and Tyler standing on picnic tables.

Tyler looks down at me and despite the situation he still has a mischievous grin on his face.

He offers a hand and helps me get to the top of the table. Everyone's eyes are on me.

Tyler leans over. "Chiron put you in charge. You're our leader," he whispers. My eyes grow wide and before I could respond to Tyler the crowd began to shift.

  I turn to the crowd and suddenly, one by one everyone started to kneel.

Soon all the demigods were kneeling in front of me and when I turn to my side even Bella, Logan, Tyler, and Alice had kneeled in their spots on top of the picnic tables.

  Bella looked at me with a confident smile.

I'm their leader.

I take a deep breath as everyone starts to stand. "We will follow you, Warrior of Athena." Kat said from the front of the crowd.

  Everyone cheers with agreement and bangs their weapons.

I smile and draw my sword. "Then let's take down some skeletons."

-----------------------------------------------------

I sat at the picnic table making battle plans as everyone followed the orders I have assigned them.

Demigods buzzed around me with alarming speed to complete their tasks.

  Some are building weapons and others traps to catch skeletons.

  Gregory Mayer and the Hephaestus cabin are working on armor and new weapons.

   Chiron had gone to call for help.  Something he called The Party Ponies.

  I guess I will find out when I see them.

   I recheck my battle plans. I had people in hideouts for sneak attacks and people in the open for battle.

   "Hey." I turn at the voice and see Bella standing behind me.

  She was dressed in battle armor. She had her curly hair pulled back in a ponytail and I can see her pearl ring shining on her finger. If anyone could look beautiful in battle gear, it was Bella.

   "Hey." I respond, giving her a small smile, but all I can remember is Logan giving her a kiss on the cheek.

  She sits down next to me. The wind blew her curly baby hairs around her face and she brushed them away with nimble fingers.

   "I have something for you." She said quietly, pulling out two necklaces from a pocket made in the leather of her skirt.

  They had a black leather strap with a silver coin the size of a quarter attached to them.

  As I look closer I notice that on one side the owl of Athena sparkles and on the other is the trident of Poseidon.

  She hands one to me. "Bella..." I said quietly. "Watch this," she says, completely ignoring my stunned sputters. "Hold the coin in your hand." I do as she instructs and she does the same. The coins immediately heats up to a warm comforting temperature.