Freak High/Chapter 16

Mr. Fretworks clapped his hands, “alright from the top now!”

Olivia stood next to him while everyone else went to their places on the large stage. She tugged on his sleeve; she still couldn’t believe Mr. Fretworks never really existed, but was only a puppet that Lavon controlled. Mr. Fretworks didn’t look down; Olivia looked around the empty red cushion seats and saw Enrick all the way back.

  ‘Ok, so where was Lavon?’

“Does it really matter where I am? I mean really that damn clone of mine doesn’t listen to a fuck’n thing I tell him!”

  Olivia looked down and found a black bird with red eyes. “A crow?”

The bird opened its beak; you see when a bird does that you would expect it to make a bird noise, nope!

  “I ain’t a damn crow I’m a raven, idiot! Shouldn’t you know the difference between a crow and a raven?!!”

Olivia’s eyes widen, she took a step back and tripped her causing for her glasses fly off her face. “UGH! A talking bird!?” the bird perched on her stomach it titled its head sideways. Slowly the raven shape shifted to... “Lavon!!?”  

  He raised an eyebrow at her, “Who did you expect?”

“I don’t know, now get off me!!” she shoved him violently causing him to hit his head on one of the seats. He rubbed his head, “I don’t see why you did that, it wasn’t like anyone was gonna see.”

  “What, are you insane!?”

  “Just look around you no one is really noticing you on the floor, but Enrick.” He pointed behind Olivia, she turned around and saw Enrick offering his hand, and she took it.

  “Ok, what’s going on you two?”

“You make it sound like were a couple of naughty little boys up to no good?” Enrick whined playfully.

“Well, then spill it, one of you better or else!”

   Lavon stood up and dusted off his pants, “alright, Miss Bossy.”

“This way we can get at Sandra without being noticed,” Enrick explained.

  “So this is...?”

 “My doing,” Lavon proudly said. “While using Black Curtain, an ability that only Black Wings can use, the people outside the Black Curtain think Enrick is still in the back and you on the stage.”

  “Wow, so what now?”

  “We make Sandra wish she never messed with you in the first place...” Enrick said darkly as he glared at Sandra.