Freak High/ Chapter 1

Enrick the most powerful vampire and the prince of them all, is by day an outcast. But by night he is the ruler of any living thing in the darkness that crawls. The way he sees it that if he ever sees a human out at night they’re food very simple. But by day he’s the prey and them the predator. So, every morning he wakes up he stays in his apartment that was abounded five years ago.

  It’s shabby but it’s the closest thing to protection from the humans during the day. Also the school he goes to is called Freak High, it only opens at night for freaks like him but Freak High doesn’t only opens its doors to vampires. But shadow elves, skull fairies, shape shifters, witches, warlocks, mermaids, wizards, etc. Strangely these freaky characters aren’t what you and I would except to look like. These witches, warlocks, and wizards don’t wear pointy hats and have warts all over their face, they throw on a t-shirt and some jeans like we humans do.

  Same thing about the vampires, they don’t go on a blood spree and kill when they like, only when they’re ill or dying of thirst, literally. The skull fairies aren’t small, little, pixies, but large in size and have gigantic thin dark purple butterfly wings with black skulls decorated all over it. I don’t really have to go on; you get the picture that I’m trying to show.

        Enrick stretched out his slender, half-muscular body on the bed in the master bedroom. He turned his head towards the curtain closed windows. The curtains were too thin to block out all the sunlight coming into the room. But enough to not entirely irate his sensitive eyes, the sun was finally setting. Enrick decided that he should catch some more zs until the sun was totally under the horizon.

  He turned his back to the window and closed his eyes, waiting for his alarm clock to go off at the right moment to get ready for school.