Freak High/Chapter 23

Flora and Olivia walked down several of hallways were they passed all types of Freaks. Olivia was awed by all the creatures of the night that she passed. Some of them looked human while others had ears and tails. Olivia noticed that some of the students who had ears and tails had a collar around their neck.

  She walked up to flora,

"Hey, Flora?"

Without stopping or looking in Olivia's direction,

  "Humm, what is it?"

"Why are some of the students with ears and tails have collars around their neck?"

"Because by day they're the pets of you humans." Flora simply said

Olivia stopped in her tracks, "Whoa, that's a bit... intense."

  Flora stopped walking and turned towards Olivia. She blushed pink when she saw the shock on Olivia's confused face.

"Oh, I'm sorry I thought Prince Enrick told you about the people who attend Freak High?"

Olivia's face darken, she mumbled, "no, he's more interested in being a vulgar pervert than an information giver.

  Flora titled her head sideways, "Uh?"

"Nothing!" Olivia smiled nervously

Flora shrugged and turned around, and begins walking again.

  "Oh, wait Flora!" Olivia called

Flora paused in step and looked back at Olivia,

 "Yeah?"

 "Not trying to be nosy but... What are you? To me you look like any human walking down a street."

Flora smiled, "Why thank-you, but no, I'm a Garden Fairy."

  Olivia's jaw dropped, but now that Flora told her what she was. Olivia could see a hint of pink in her skin and glitter. She had strawberry-blonde hair and hot pink eyes.

"Ok, if you're a Fairy then where are your wings?" Olivia eyed Flora suspiciously. Flora blushed and looked away from Olivia's prying emerald green eyes.

  "Um," Flora fiddled with her fingers, but if she was going to answer she dashed that idea away when she noticed a boy and a girl that she knew from the corner of her eye.

Flora's face brightens with hope and happiness. She grabbed the guy's arm,

  "Hey, Stefan!

Stefan who had stark white hair and sliver eyes, turned sideways and smiled at Flora. But that smile was dropped when he noticed Olivia.

  He nodded towards her, "Who's she, Flo?"

"Oh," Flora took Olivia by the hand and pulled her forward, "this is Olivia Prince Enrick's pet."

Stefan's eyes narrowed dangerously,

  "If humans are trying to be like us Freaks," he took a step towards Olivia still glaring at her, "they won't ever succeed because you humans don't know the pain us Freaks went through, because of your pitiful race."

  Olivia didn't understand why he was so mad at her, so to try to ease up things in the atmosphere.

"Well nice to meet you and your name is?"

  All movement and voices faded away as everyone stared and waited to see what would happen. Really most were scared to the bone because it was... Stefan the Lightning Demon and he hated humans.

  Olivia placed a hand on Stefan's shoulder. Everyone gasp and somewhere in the hallway someone said, "Yeah, she's a goner."

  "So what's your name?"

Stefan's eyes flashed dangerously, "I guess you deserve to know my name, its Stefan, remember it when your life flashes before your eyes."

  Stefan's eyes show the strong intent to kill Olivia; his nails became sliver claws and they extended, he gripped Olivia's arm. Flora's eyes widen with fear,

  "No don't kill her Stefan!"

He flashed a look of a beast, "Stay out of this!"

  Olivia tried to twist her arm out of Stefan's grip but he held onto her fast; Flora began to cry.

Lightning appeared in his hand; he withdrew his fist of lightning and sent his clawed hand into Olivia's stomach.

  Blood splattered onto the ground.