Freak High/ Chapter 49

Recap:

“All of you are dismissed! Go back to your rooms and get a good night’s rest, classes are canceled today and from today forth the Freak High school is on red alert!”

Stefan quickly took Olivia’s hand before that Eric character got to her; Olivia looked up confused at Stefan’s gesture until suddenly she was vanished along with him. The last thing she saw was Eric standing across the room with balled fists and clenched jaw. But what she did not see was the fury blazing in his eyes as he stared down at Stefan’s matched gaze with any icy cold one.  

As soon as they appeared back into their room; causing for poor little Tommy to yelp in surprise and then deadpan as he sulked out the door muttering, “Don’t you people ever heard of using a door?”

He left slamming the door behind him shut. Silence fell over the two remaining in the room… Olivia was the first to realize their connected hands; she snatched her hand away as if Stefan’s hand was on fire. She held her hand to chest and turned away from him to hide her blossoming blush even though her hood effectively covered that little detail. Her attention was brought back to Stefan when he let go a weary sigh; she stared at him as he removed his robe and placed it lazily on the couch against the window as he sat down. He reached over on the black opaque table to pick up a book that he began to read… Or pretend to read in his case to avoid conversation. But it seemed Olivia had other ideas,

 “Hey,” Olivia frowned when her voice came out below a whisper.

“Hey!” She retorted louder to get his attention, yet, all he did was turn a page and give her fleeting look before going back to his book.

 Olivia could feel her eye twitched at lack of attention. She yanked off her robe, letting it fall to a heap on the floor behind her, fixed her glasses on her nose, and stomped over to him in her heels, (don’t try to imagine how that was possible), and snatched his book out of his hands. She repeated herself with a twitching smile,

  “I said ‘hey’, dammit.”

Stefan looked at her boredly and tried to reach for the book, but Olivia held it at arm length away. He sighed as she raised an eyebrow at her… She was so close, but so far away for him to touch her.

 He laid back against the couch and in a lazy tone, “Hey.”

Olivia’s forceful smile waned down into a frown and a shadow over casted her facial features. Suddenly two strands of her hair turned sliver, she balled her fist around the fabric of his shirt and brought him closer to her.

   “Not IN GREETING, YOU DUMBASS!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!? WHY ARE YOU ACTING ALL FUCK’N DEPRESSED AND SHIT!!?”

   Stefan coolly replied, “I’m depressed…Yang presume?”

Olivia’s eyes glowed an icy blue, “WHO THE FUCK GIVES A SHIT!? IF YOU AIN’T FUCK’N GOING AROUND MOPING LIKE YOU HAVEN’T GOTTEN LAID IN SOME MONTHS!? THEN WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT BACK THERE WHEN YOUR ASS WENT AHEAD AND TOOK OLIVIA’S STUPID SELF AWAY FROM HER CHANCE WITH THAT HOT BASTARD ERIC!? HE’S THE FREAK’N CAPTAIN OF HIS OWN SQUAD,” Yang suddenly had a wicked grin break across Olivia’s lips, “oh, so that’s how it is? Pussy boy here is J-E-A-L-O-U-S!”

  Stefan’s eyes narrowed, he pried Yang’s fingers from his shirt, and in a cool and even tone,

   “First of all, it seems Olivia is losing more control of you more frequently today than any other days. Second of all,” he glared at her as he watched as Olivia took back control of her body, “I am not jealous of that low life; I have almost everything that he wishes he had.”

  Olivia’s eyes blinked several times behind her lenses as she came to senses, “…Then why did you suddenly pull me along with you? I was supposed to meet up with Eric after the meeting,” her eyes narrowed as she watched the sudden anger flash in his steel gray eyes, “and what do you mean by you having ‘almost’ everything he doesn’t have? When it’s obvious what he has is a heart which you don’t have!?”

Ba-boom… That wasn’t called for when you know that’s not true…’

Olivia glared heatedly at Stefan, whose eyes had suddenly widen a fractioned,

    ‘C-Cloud it be possible that she…no.’

The color in his eye darkened and so did his aura, a small smirk appeared on his lips, and a dangerous look of a predator lurked in his eyes causing for Olivia gasp slightly.

   “Oh, so I see, you prefer for someone you just meant and only a few word for him t have you in his arms…”

Rage rolled off her shouldersand she opened her mouth to retort something back, until she saw the look of defeat take over him,

   “I see,” Stefan looked in the opposite direaction of her and chuckled sadly, “it was meant to happen anyway,” he seem to have a distant look in his eyes and continued to talk like Olivia wasn’t there. “When I open my heart to people near me, I end up getting hurt. But yet even if I try to do the opposite of that they’ll end up hurt, and I’ll be the one hurting myself by isolating myself just because…,” he turned his back to her and ran a hand through his hair, and gave a soft chuckle; Olivia’s chest clenched in a painful way. “What am I saying? I sound like a little girl pouring her heart out to someone who won’t ever love her back.”

    Stefan sighed and turned around revealing his infamous mask, but Olivia could see the cracks in that mask.

He walked around her and then stopped, his back against hers and said in a strained voice, “ I believe you have a certain Captain to meet.”

   She turned around as swiftly as possible to stop him vanishing as she felt the air becoming heavy, but she was too late and had to shield her eyes from the bright flash.

‘Ba-boom…’

‘… I-I’m sorry…’