Freak High/Chapter 42: The rise of the tide

There was a frantic beating at Stefan’s door early the next morning. 

     “BANG, BANG, BANG!!!”  

Two days had passed after the Ellen incident and three extra days passed with Enrick in bed. During those three extra days Freak High has been busy getting their new addend situated, Tommy, with his new life. Even though there are many among the student body against this. But they can’t do anything with the Head Master appointed himself as Tommy’s Guardian until Olivia comes of age eighteen to take him under her wing. With all this going on with Tommy; ‘Damn human,’ Stefan thought bitterly.

   Stefan hasn’t been able to sleep comfortably since then, especially with the fact that Chris decided to put Tommy in the room with him. Until he got everything situated at his home to make it comfortable living for Tommy.  So as you can see Stefan is clearly irritated with yet another body lying in bed with him. At least it put a solid blockade between him and Olivia. The boy kept him from reaching over wringing her neck to cut off her air pipes.  Though the fact the small fragile boy’s back pressed against Stefan’s back…made him feel… strange on the inside.

   Stefan’s frown deepened and pulled his pillow over his head tighter; the banging on his door intensified.

Steam came out of his ears; he couldn’t take it anymore he shot up in bed with his eyes still closed.

  “GO THE FUCK’N AWAY DAMMIT!!!!!”

His outburst startled Tommy sleeping soundly next to him. He looked around fearfully as his dark brown hair became a static blue.

  Stefan sighed and rubbed his face tiredly, he put a hand on Tommy’s head making his slowly turning eyes to widen in alarm. Until his sensed the familiarity as the hand ruffled up his hair; Tommy frowned knowing it was Stefan messing up with his air. Tommy swatted at Stefan’s hand,

  “Quit it, stop messing with my hair!”

Stefan stared bored at Tommy’s fail attempts to get him to stop. Stefan had picked up the weird habit through the three days by messing with Tommy’s hair whenever he became doubtful, scared, or distant.

   “That won’t be necessary,” Stefan mumbled.

Tommy understood what he meant and just sighed in defeat as Stefan continued to mess with his hair.

   “You already have bed hair, so what’s the point of me not messing with your hair?”

Tommy frowned and grunted, Stefan raised an eyebrow,

   “I thought so,”

The banging reminds Stefan why he’s awake in the first place. His gray eyes harden to steel.

  “OLIVIA GET YOUR SLEEPING ASS UP AND OPEN THE DAMN DOOR FOR THE BASTARD!!!! IF I HAVE TO BE AWAKE THEN EVERYONE IN THIS DAMN ROOM AS TO BE TOO!!!”

   Olivia yelped and fell out of bed taking the blankets with her. Tommy looked up at Stefan’s blank face,

   “You know she’s going to kill you right?”

Tommy has been around the two long enough to know about their legendary fights, so he was quite normal to them.

   Stefan shrugged,

“And your point is?” he carries on messing with Tommy’s hair while staring at the bulking pile.

   Tommy grumbles but says nothing. 

   Olivia finally breaks through the many blankets covering her, and gasps for air. She looks up and notices Stefan leaning over side staring at her with a bored expression. Tommy sat next to him with a raised eyebrow and Stefan messing with his hair. She points at her brother with narrowed eyes,