Chapter 11

• Dedicated to Justbeyou2505

(A/N Wow so this is crazy!! This story is almost over! It literally has three more chapters + an epilogue then it's done!!! It's gotten great feed back and I'm really thankful for all the reads!! So thank you all!! Xx)

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I avoid Greg’s eyes and look at my plate.

“Yes you do. And don’t even try to lie to me little brother. I’ve always been able to tell when you’re lying."

“What do you want me to tell you Greg?” I sigh finally meeting his gaze.

“Why I’m out here for a wedding with Alex marrying some med-school prick and not you.” Greg speaks and when I go to interject he cuts me off. “Jesus Niall, I’ve known you two were meant to be together since that day you hit her with a dodgeball and cried because you thought she was never going to speak to you again.”

“You remember that?” I laugh at the memory of that day and how I did everything to get her to talk to me again.

“Yeah I remember that, now answer my question.”

“Because I want to be just like you.” I shrug and take a swig of my beer.

“What?”

“I want to be like you. I mean look at you. You’re young and successful. You’re still single and you seem really happy.”

“Yeah I’m still young, successful, and single but I’m not happy Niall.” Greg sighs and my eyes never leave his.

“What do you mean you’re not happy. You have everything...”

“No I don’t. No one wants to grow old alone Niall. Most people search for that one person to love and you... you have that person. You’ve had her since you were five. And here you are now, letting her marry some other guy.” Greg shakes his head and I run my fingers through my hair.

“She loves him.”

“Ahh bullshit Niall. She’s not happy. She’s settling. Alex is a smart girl, she knows what she wants.”

“She wants Tyler.” I mumble and Greg hits my arm.

“No she wants you.”

“Well she sure as hell hasn’t made that very clear to me.” I roll my eyes and hear my big brother scoff.

“She’s afraid Niall. Of course she’s afraid. She’s scared that you don’t love her back. Like all people, she’s afraid of rejection.”