Chapter 13

I take my seat next to my mother and Greg, who gives me a stern look that I ignore. Harry is to the right to me and he is giving me the same stare, but I keep my gaze focused on Tyler. That is until the wedding march song comes on and everyone stands. I look to the doors and see Alex. She already has tears in her eyes and a smile on her face. She looks really happy and I swallow my tears as my eyes follow her to the alter.

Everyone sits and the ceremony begins. The priest asks the question, I was dreading to hear.

“Is there anyone here, that objects to these two wedding in holy matrimony?”

I feel Harry squeeze my hand and Greg sigh next to me. I feel the tears escape my eyes, as I use my hand that’s not being sufficated by Harry, to wipe them away. The people in the pues look around and I see Tyler and Alex do the same. Her eyes land on me and I can’t decipher the emotion that is laced in them. She bites her lip, and forces a smile that I give my best to return. Alex breaks her stare at me to turn back to Tyler.

The ceremony continues and the two say their vows. Thank God, they didn’t write their own. But I know Alex, and I know how she always found that to be cheesy. When the wedding finally ends I storm out the cathedral and to my car. I don’t drive anywhere. I just sit in my car and break down. I rest my head on the steering wheel and cry until I can’t cry anymore. I hear my passenger door open, but I don’t need to look up to know who it is.

“I’m sorry Niall.” Harry whispers rubbing my back.

“I told her I loved her and she still... No. Fuck her! Why should I be here crying my eyes out when she gets to be happy huh!” I yell and Harry shakes his head at my outburst.

“Niall, I...”

“Don’t. Don’t say you’re sorry. Don’t say things will work out, alright Harry. I just had my heartbroken, and do you know the worst part?” I wipe my tears away and stare at Harry.

“What?”

“I’d let her break it all over again.” I sniffle and turn my car on, to make my way to the reception.

We get to the reception and see a crowd of people already there. I do my best to clean my face up and Harry helps. We get out the car and make our way into the venue. It’s gorgeous inside and the first thing I spot is the open bar. I make my way to a stool and order a drink. As I get my drink applause erupt from the people and I turn and see Alex and Tyler coming inside, hand in hand. I would cry at the sight, but my body can’t produce anymore tears.

I cringe when the DJ announces the couple by their shared last name. She’s no longer Alex Jackson. She’s now Alex Gallows. I shake my head and take a sip out of my beer and a bite out of the cake. I watch in disgust as the two have their first dance. Harry walks over to me at the bar and directs me to the table he’s sitting at. I love my friends for trying to keep my attention away from Alex and Tyler, but it’s their reception. The dance floor opens up to all couples and Harry gets grabbed by some girl. He tries to stay with me, but I shoo him away. I spot Tyler dancing with someone, whom I guessing to be his grandmother, and Alex sitting. I smirk and walk up to her.

“May I have this dance.” I stick my hand and she stares at it for a while before agreeing.

I pull her to the dance floor and a slow song starts playing. We sway to the beat for a while. Her hands wrapped around my neck and mine her waist. I didn’t miss the gasp that escaped her lips when I did so, just like how I didn’t miss the force smile she has plastered on her face in front of these people.

“So how does it feel?” I lean into her ear and she shudders slightly.

“How does what feel?”

“How does it feel, being married?”

“Okay, I guess.” I pull away and study her face and see she’s not lying.

“Just okay? You just got married and you say it’s just okay?” I give Alex my classic half grin and she shakes her head.

“Why did you show up?”

“You didn’t want me to come?” I ask raising an eyebrow.

“You know what I mean Niall. I didn’t think you were going to come and then...”

“I want to see you happy. Even if it means I’m not.” My eyes bore into hers and I wipe away a tear that rolled down her cheek with my thumb. “Hey don’t cry.” I whisper to Alex and force a smile.

“Why do you say those things to me? You should hate me right now...” Alex shakes her head letting a few more tears roll down her face.

“I will never hate you. No matter what.”

“I didn’t want to hurt you, but...” She trails off and I nod.

“You love him.”

“I do but...”

“Do you mind if I cut in?” Tyler speaks patting me on the shoulder.

“She’s all yours.” I grin at him before turning back to Alex, planting a soft kiss on her cheek. “I wasn’t lying with what I told you last night.” I break from Alex’s grip and walk back over to Harry grabbing my things.

He trails behind me shouting my name. I get in my car and turn on the engine. Harry climbs into the passenger seat, but doesn’t speak. He just stares at me, as silent tears fall down my face.

“Niall...”

“Please not right now Harry. I just saw the girl I gave my heart too for the last time back there, and I really don’t want to talk about it.” I speak harshly and Harry nods.

We continue the drive back to our place in silence. I study the road that I’ve driven on so many times and it feels like they are brand new to me. Like I’m a new person now. And I guess I am. I’ve lost her. No matter what everyone told me, she didn’t return the feelings for me. Nothing hurts more than being rejected. And I was rejected, bad. We pull up in front of our apartment and Harry and I get out of the car. I’m up to the front door when Harry taps my shoulder. I turn to face him and he wraps me into a hug. His towering figure making his grip stronger. After my fighting in his grasp, I give in and hug him back letting out all my anger and sorrow, through Harry’s ‘I’m sorry’s and ‘It will all work out’.

Sadly this is the first time, that I don’t believe him.  

(A/N Ok so because this story is almost over Idk if I want to do another update later this week. So maybe leave a comment on if you all want another chapter or not and that will determine if I update again!! Thanks! Xx)