Chapter 33: Nightmare

Once Sting got out the hospital, Rogue and Lucy took him to the hotel where Yajima paid for a few extra nights for the trio. As they carefully placed Sting on the bed to be weary of his injury. Yajima waited by the door until he was safely asleep. I sat on Stings bed pushing his hair out of his face while he slept.

"I hope yours and Natsu's reunion goes well " Yajima said as he was about to closed the door.

"Wait! Aren't you going to see Natsu as well?" I asked

"I have met with Natsu while you were in the hospital. They wanted my opinion on deciding his punishment." I stood there scared hoping his punishment would not be bad.

"Don't worry your blonde little head. His punishment is nothing bad in fact the King said to me that 'He will be excused from his actions.'" He reassured, Lucy gave a sigh of relief as he finally shut the door. She slowly raised up from Sting's bed and made her way for her own. Before she could get to far away from the bed a hand grabbed the blondes wrist. She looked down and followed the hand which led to Sting.

"Don't leave us...me.." Lucy heard him mumble. She felt my cheeks warm up but quickly fade away as she noticed him faintly sweating and having heavy breathes. She quietly and carefully placed his hand on the edge of the bed and gathered a wet towel and cold water.

"You'll be better by the morning, Stingy bee." The caring blonde said as she rung out the towel, folded it neatly and placed it on his forehead were his breathing slowly went back to normal. She brought a chair to his bed side and sat with the water bowl beside her. She felt herself slowly falling into deep darkness. One that was too familiar.

~Stings Point of View~

After Rogue and Lucy put on my bed I fell right asleep, not bothering the position they put me in. What I expected to be a pleasant dream turned into one of my nightmares. I was looking at a blood sky accompanied by dark clouds, but also a Black Mist. I looked around which made my head hurt badly, I slowly looked at my surroundings once again to see Rogue next to me unconscious, barely breathing, but still no Lucy. I couldn't tell where we were, not only was it unrecognizable, but it was also in flames. Every house i had seen was destroyed adorned by flames. In a relatively close area I saw the black mist but stronger, and though them I saw a faint image of Fire.

I made an attempt to stand up, but quickly fell down as a shot of intense pain went through my body. I made a second attempt to stand up but slower, which was successful. I tried to wake Rogue up, but it didn't work so I dragged him to a nearby wall and sat him down in the secure place.

I limped my way to the repetitively close area and felt myself getting weaker with every step I took. I eventually made it to the area where intense dark magic lurked. Looking straight ahead I almost stumbled into a giant crater in the ground, on instinct I grabbed a nearby wall before I fell possibly to my death.

"That was close." I whispered as I let out a heavy breath. I tried to get around it as I heard a voice coming from the crater.

"What will you do now, Lucy?" I head a scruff voice say. 'Lucy?' I thought as I leaned into the crater making sure not to fall.

"Come to your senses, Natsu!" 'Lucy and Natsu too?' I heard a laugh come quickly afterwards, but a different voice again. It sounded like 3 different voices. 

"He has come to his senses foolish girl." Who's the third person? I thought as i slid into the crater only to fall onto my stomach. I tried to get up only to get let out a painful groan which caused all to turn to me. I quickly stood up only to be frozen in my spot at the sight before me. 

Lucy stood in front of me badly wounded, bleeding badly from every part of her body, and clothing ripped. On the opposite side of her were Natsu and another guy with black hair, who were also barely wounded. Lucy turned to me, I was shocked by her appearance she was badly bleeding, but acted as if she was perfectly fine. She then  placed her blood soaked hand on my cheek, causing me to flinch at the coldness. After a second I placed my hand over hers.

"Don't leave us....Me." I said weakly as I felt my eyes become heavy and My body slowly fall.

"You'll be fine by the morning, Stingy bee." I heard as my body made contact with a surprisingly  soft floor.  My eyes slowly opened to see a ceiling and sunshine seeping through the curtains. I shot up and looked around the room until I felt something fall onto my lap.

"A washcloth?" I asked as I heard a door open.

"Your finally awa-"

"Where's Lucy?" I asked before Rogue could finish his sentence.

"She's downstairs making breakfast for us." Rogue said as he gave me a dirty look. I couldn't care less if he was mad, I jumped out of bed and I pushed him aside and ran towards the kitchen, to see Lucy making Pancakes and Bacon.

"Lucy?"

"Oh, You're awake! Just in time too, breakfast is ready!" She turned around to greet me with a smile and plates in hand. 

"Don't just stand there. Go sit down." Rogue said as he hit the back of my head and went ahead of me.

"Lucy, You're happy today." I said with a grin and she just smiled in response.

"Of course she is. She gets to see Natsu in a few hours." Rogue said as he cut into his pancakes

"Oh yeah." I simply said and began to eat my pancakes.

She shouldn't be happy to see him. After all he left her alone for a whole year.