Chapter 41: Litious

"They completed the mission. Not according to the plan exactly." Rogue said starring into the lacrima showing the Infantry team making friends with a new girl, maybe even adding her to their team.

"They got it done perfectly in my opinion." Lucy said cheerfully. Sting however was sulking, Rogue rested a hand on his shoulder

"The plan was exactly like ours like when we took out our first guild together." Sting said slouching further into his seat. Lucy gave a short laugh at his childish actions.

"No one got hurt, so everything worked out." Lector said sitting on the windowsill of the train.

"They did their part. Now it's our turn to keep our end of the plan." Natsu said turning to me giving me a reassuring smile, which I gladly returned.

"Let's go over what we were given." Sting said gaining everyone's attention.

"We know Jose is somewhere in the town of Litious from the reports the locals gave us." Rogue said leaning back in his seat.

"He has others with him." Lucy continued.

"He's got something up his sleeve for something like this." Natsu stated quietly.

Everyone grew quiet as the attention was given to Natsu staring out the window.

"He was stupid when he attacked our guild but he did a lot of damage. Enough to bring us to our knees." His quieter as he spoke. "The guild fell, Erza almost died, Elfman cried, Gramps got sick!" His voice grew with the anger of the memories flooding his mind from years ago. Lucy quickly hugged Natsu, they both were in tears.Natsu hugged Lucy tightly while Happy sat between them pulling them closer, crying himself. Kirara stayed quiet, simply rubbing her head against Lucy's back. 'They hurt you too.' He thought hugging Lucy tighter. Sting and Rogue along with their partners didn't dare say a word as their teammates cried.

"He's not going to hurt anyone this time. Not you guys," He said looking over to Sting, Rogue, Frosch, and Lector. "Especially not you three." He looked back at Happy, then Kirara, finally Lucy who gave him a teary nod.

"We're going to do the same for you." Rogue said with everyone agreeing. Natsu acknowledged them and nodding in return.

"Attention Passengers: Next stop Litious. Prepare for arrival." Lucy wiped her tears and took a deep breath slowing her breaths back to normal.

"We better get going and get his over with." Lucy said standing as Kirara Jumped and rested on her shoulders like a scarf would.

"Arrival in 1 minute. Prepare for departure."

"Lets go." Sting said standing with the others walking off the train.

------------------------------------------------------

The town was very quiet only the small talk surrounded the team as they walked around trying to find the ones who submitted the report to the council.

"Where are they?" Lector said lazily.

"I'm not sure, but the report came from the local park." Rogue pulled out the paper from his poker and examined in once more looking at the location. 'Formon PlayGround'

"It should be close. After all we've been walking for almost an hour." Lucy chimed in looking behind her and Rogue then Natsu.

"Can't we just get directions? It would this so much easier." Sting whined gaining Lucy's attention.

"That would be an awesome idea if we could actually find anyone lightbulb." Natsu retorted making some of the team laugh.

"Hide your face and they might start showing up." Sting said proudly angering Natsu. They made eye contact as a small, think lightening bolt shot between them.

"Both of you, please shut up." Rogue said calmly.

"Frosch thinks so too!" Frisch said cheerfully.

Lucy gave a stiffled laugh as they continued walking in search of their destination.

Another hour of dreadful walking as managed to lead the team to a PlayGround but with a missing name.

"Is this it?" Happy asked flying above everyone scouting the area.

" Not sure seems pretty empty to me." Natsu crossed his arms looking around for any sign of life, but instead only saw the children swings moving slightly as a breeze passed through the area.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Lucy said hugging herself shivering slightly.

"Theres nothing we can't handle, we've got this handled perfectly." Stigma placed a reassuring hand on Lucy's shoulder, she looked up to him seeing him giving her a bright smile. She put her hand over his and smiled back gratefully. Natsu watched silently jealousy evident in his eyes.

"Isn't that just adorable. I almost don't want to kill you." A dark mist covered the floor, growing thicker as the disembodied voice spoke. Immediately everyone became alert and prepared for battle.

"Please no hostility. Just hand over the vessel and this would all be over." The voice echoed through the park.

"Lector, Frosch, Happy, guys need to leave, this dark energy is to much for exceeds. You all will-" Rogue turned to see all three exceeds unconscious on the ground. Within a second they had disappeared into thin air. As a voice came into their heads.

"I teleported them out of the environment, they are in the infirmary being treated for the darkness inside them." Doranbolt said making everyone give a sigh of relief.

"Why isn't Kirara effected?" Natsu asked looking at Kirara who stood protectively in front on Lucy in her battle form.

"She's part demon. Meaning she's part of the darkness, but she can handle it." Lucy said petting Kirara on the head.

" Will you return the vessel? We do indeed desperately need it." Before them the mist jumbled up into a cloud disappearing revealing the outline of a body and curled hat.

"I would hate to keep him waiting. You would too as well." Jose said his eyes shining blood red.

"Whatever this 'vessel' is you want, you're not getting it." Natsu said punching his hands together engulfing them in flames.

" You." Jose said looking at Natsu. "He wants you." Jose moved his hand upward causing the dark mist to swallow Natsu whole. Lucy extended her hand to reach Natsu's hand.

"Get back!" Within a second Natsu was gone without a trace, making Lucy stumble to Natsu's previous spot. She began to shake from the fear of danger he could be in.

"What did you do to him?!" Rogue yelled as Sting stared at where Natsu once stood.

"My Master wanted him. I simply provide what he wants." He said calmly. "Now about that vessel." A shiver ran through the trio's body as a creepy grin showed on Jose's face.