Chapter Eight

*Day 9 (Morning)*

I think I have finally got my energy back to normal! It’s been five days of resting, but they’ve been worth it. Liam recovered faster because he had less to do and so he’s been helping me while I continued to rest. At first, Dani was jealous but then stopped after I explained everything. I didn’t like him like that and he was basically the only one who wasn’t always fighting zombies. I insisted that he continued to ‘rest’ just incase. Speaking of fighting, the others have been fighting the zombies nonstop since yesterday. Apparently, this was a big town and no one here decided to heed the warnings and leave. Now the amount of zombies have become less and so everyone was taking a break. The other earth benders made the cliff bigger so there was room for a pool, the tents, the fire pit, and other cool comforts. The water benders made the pool and they also made a hot tub! Things have been better now that people have accepted their fate of not ever becoming normal again... Well, El and Dani would be normal again after we finish killing all the zombies. I told them that and they were okay with it.

Anyways, Lucy found a new group of humans using the Internet... And they're alive and healthy! Well, based off of what they said online. We were going there the next day and see if they were telling the truth. 

"Guys! I finally have almost all my energy!" I said and started to do flips in the air. "Ahh. Nice and fun!" I said.

"We should have a show. Everyone has to participate in it. It can cheer us up! Come on! Tonight! Let's do it!" Nina suggested aggressively. We smiled at her enthusiasm and looked at each other.

"But then I have to humiliate myself." Lucy whined.

"I like the idea." Niall said. When Lucy frowned at him, he shrugged and shot her an apologetic smile. She sighed. But if Niall was going to be in it she was too.

"I'm for it than!" Lucy said. I rolled my eyes. In the next 5 minutes the others knew about our show tonight. We made the rules that there could be group performances and that we could use our new powers and abilities. Here's what the others and I did:

One Direction: Sing (duh!)

Lucy, Nina, Nat, and I: Did a dance with our powers. In the end, Nina made a small cliff, while Nat and Lucy rode up a slide with their water powers, and I was above Nina shooting fire out of my fist, which were raised up at the sky.

That took 30 minutes... Preparing that took 3 hours...

But it was all worth it at the end. Eleanor and Dani were the only ones in the audience for both performances. They were laughing along easily among us and we all had fun. It almost felt like nothing had changed and we were just a group of normal friends hanging out. By the time we were done, it was late and we decided to go to sleep. Personally, that night was the best sleep I had had in a while.