1-Greetings

Trigger warning for the first half before '♚' . --Dj

//LUKE'S POV

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I saw a solemn, soulless face staring back at me. I hated it. That face. That face, I saw every day in the mirror. It did not look like me at all. Frustration overwhelmed me, and I grabbed the nearest object - a comb, and threw it at my reflection.

The mirror shattered, the glass shards exploded like fireworks, I closed my eyes and embraced for impact. The shards flew past me, some slicing through my skin, and falling onto my bed.

My tears that flowed down my cheeks stung the newly-formed wounds on my cheeks.

The voices...they wouldn't stop.

Faggot.

Gay.

Asshole.

Liar.

Thief.

Fat.

I pulled my hair, and bit my lip down hard, trying not to scream. Suddenly, I tasted the metallic taste of my blood dripping down from my cheeks.

If the neighbours heard me screaming at this time of night, I'd be dead. I did not want my parents to find out about my issue either. I did not need to attend the stupid counselling that they offered at school.

They would never understand. I sobbed and fumbled for my phone, my hands trembling. The phone emitted light that blinded my eyes a little.

11:11PM

Sighing, I switched it off.

"I wish I was stronger. " I whispered to nobody in particular, shutting my eyes tightly. Why did I feel so lonely? So shut out? I felt like there was only one thing I could do to myself that would reassure me that I could still feel pain as a human being.

I picked up a knife that I hid in a small compartment behind the mirror, hidden from prying eyes - particularly my parents, and pressed it onto my skin, the red liquid spilling out, and my wrist stinging.

I moved the blade, and traced it onto my skin a few more times, before I dropped the blade, and I collapsed onto the bathroom floor. 

My legs had gone weak and numb as I laid there surrounded by the glass shards on the floor, not moving a muscle, feeling the hot tears running out of my eyes and blurring my vision.

I blacked out, and fell into the pitch darkness, my only safe haven.

I woke up to the wailing of my phone alarm. Oh god, no. Not yet. My senses had suddenly returned to me, and the aftermath of last night had suddenly brought me burning pain all over my body. "Aw, crap." I swore, attempting to lift my face up and away from the shattered glass, particularly one that was stabbing deeply into my right ear.

I groaned, and finally used my strength to lift myself up. I glanced at the mess on the floor. Blood splattered on the bathroom floor, the glass shards of the broken mirror were sprinkled over the floor as well.

My back ached furiously, but I did not give a damn.

I rubbed my eyes, and recomposed myself, before getting up and shutting that goddamn alarm off, its cries of reminder that I was back in reality. I have a headache.

It was 4 freaking AM in the morning, and normally nobody would be stupid enough to get up this early.

I looked into the mirror again. Broken. Just like me. Washing my face was a difficult task, I yelped when the cold water hit my face, which had wounds opened from last night. I rinsed my wrist carefully. It left a reddish brownish look. Oh well.