15- Parents

//LUKE'S POV

I froze.

The door slammed shut, and mom stepped in with a box, proceeding to the kitchen, as if she was oblivious to what happened.

"What the fuck is going on here?"

Dad's voice thundered.

Calum pulled away, and I shivered, due to the sudden lack of body heat.

I let out a tiny sigh of relief, when Calum held me close.

"D-dad...what are you doing here...?"

"I should be asking you! Why aren't you at school? And what do you think you're doing with this hooker?!"

"He's not a hooker!"

"Sure looks like one to me"

I felt my blood boil, but Calum traced circles on my back discreetly, calming me down.

I took a deep breath, before letting it out.

"What I'm doing is none of your concern. What you should be telling me, is why are you here, after all these years? Sure, you came home, but only for a while, and when I'm not around. Why? Why the fuck did you two leave me alone all these years?!"

By now, Mum had come into the living room.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Mrs Hemmings!"

I yelled.

"Don't talk to your mother like that!"

"She's not my mother. And you're not my father. My parents left me to rot. I got bullied. I got hurt. I even tried to kill myself. "

The hot tears streamed down my cheeks, but I was determined to get it all out.

I stood up, flinching.

Fuck, why does it still hurt?

It's been two days already, for god's sake.

"You left me. I never got the love an affection a child deserves. I couldn't contact Jack and Ben. I had nobody to turn to for help. Nobody. But do you care? No! So don't pretend to give any fucks, when you two just want to ruin my life!"

I screamed, my eyes bloodshot.

Calum tried calming me down, but it didn't work.

"So...now...you're a fag?"

Mum uttered, and I couldn't believe my ears.

Neither could she. She cupped her mouth, as if she regretted saying it.

Mum, of all people, had taken care of me and loved me the most compared to dad and my brothers when I was very, very young(the memories were vague, but still there).

And yet?

"I was born this way. " I said through gritted teeth.

"I didn't fucking raise you to become a fag!" Dad bellowed.

That son of a bitch.

Sorry Grandma.

"Really? " I scoffed. "Raised me? By sending money anonymously and sneaking into your own house just to give some cheap souvenirs and shitloads of cash, without a single note? Somebody get this couple an award! Best parents ever"

My dad clenched his fist, and I smirked.

"What's wrong? Best dad ever can't control his temper-"

I fell to the floor, a sharp pain attacking my jaw.

He kicked me in my stomach, and mum was yelling at him to stop.