4.2

**Melanies hair. More of a perspective view of it for this chapter.**

It was now about an hour later and Luke was still in the pool.

"Luke, your going to shrivel up like a grape if you don't get out." I laughed.

"I'll be fine."

"Alright. When your all pruney looking, don't complain to me." I laughed.

He nodded before trying to do a handstand, which he failed at.

I slowly made my way into the water.

"About damn time you got in." I heard Luke yelled behind me.

I turned around to see Jack and Ben coming outside with their towels, our parents following.

"I'm ready for a game of chicken!" I heard Jack yell. I saw Liz laugh before setting her stuff in the chair I was previously in.

"I'm good. I'd rather not get my hair wet." I sighed, trying to get out of it.

Luke looked at Ben before they both splashed me.

"Your hair is wet, so now what's the big deal?" Jack smirked.

I sighed before going underwater. My long brown, now completely wet, hair framed around my face and was floating in the water.

"I hate you guys." I sighed, getting onto Jacks shoulders, while Luke got onto Bens

"Team Mack is taking you down!" Jack screamed.

"No Jack. No team names." I laughed.

He sulked before getting ready to fight with Luke and Ben. I grabbed Lukes hands, trying to push him down.

"Just fall already!" I yelled. Our parents laughing at us.

"Luke! I can feels your ball sack on my neck!" Ben screeched.

"Deal with it Ben!" Jack said.

I laughed at our strange family before pushing Luke into the water.

"Damn it Luke! I'm on your shoulders this time Jack." Ben bellowed out. Jack went under water and let me get off instead of throwing me in the water.

"Go under." Luke said to me.

"Oh hell no. I'm not having your balls on my neck." I squealed. He sighed before going under and letting me climb into his shoulders. I pushed his hair out of the way and wiped his eyes for him.

"Thanks." He grumbled. I could see Liz grab Lukes phone and start the record this.

"Your going down Muke!" Jack screamed.

"Stop with the names Jack! That's Luke and Mikey's ship name!"

He sighed before we both met in the middle. I grabbed Bens hands and started pushing. I could see Luke trying to sabotage Jack from underneath the water.

"Dammit! Luke! I'm falling!" I yelled.

He grabbed my hands and started pulling my forward till I was balanced back onto his neck.

"That was close." I pretended to wipe sweat off of my forehead.

"Not as close as this." Luke said as he shoved Ben into the water, laughing as he did.
---

It was now about 6:30 and Liz had started dinner. They had gone to the grocery store about a hour earlier.

"Babydoll, do you mind helping your mom with dinner?" My dad asked.

"I guess." I smiled walking into the kitchen, "Your favorite daughter is here to help!"

"You're her only daughter." Ben snorted.

"Hush." Liz laughed.

"Can you open that can of corn please?" I did as she said. She poured it into a bowl before sticking it into the microwave to heat up.

"Alright. Come here and grab these spices so I can put them over the chicken as it cooks." I walked over and grabbed the herbs and spices she wanted.

"Thank you babygirl." She smiled, kissing my cheek. She was like my mom now. Better than my biological mom too.

"Welcome."
---

We was now siting down to eat at the table and starting a simple conversation with each other.

"So Mel, I was thinking and I hope you will agree." Liz started, "I was hoping that you could start calling me mom?" She smiled. I nodded before getting up to hug her, which made everyone cheer.

"I love you Mel."

"I love you too Li- Mom." I corrected.

She pulled back, rubbing the side of my arms before sitting back down to finish her dinner.

I did the same.

I could see Luke smiling at his mom before looking at me.

"Atleast, our family is now sorted. How about you call me dad now?" My dad snickers.

"Alright dad." Ben smirked.