Ch.30- Funeral

I put on the black dress and knee high socks while my eyes slowly welled up. I sighed and put on some waterproof mascara. I grabbed my black booties and put them on. I walked to the hallway and saw Cameron in a black tux. I bit my lip and controlled myself from crying. I mentally counted to ten and sighed heavily.
"Ready?" He asked and I nodded. We walked down the steps together. We got in the car and drove to the graveyard. Everyone else was already there waiting.
-
The funeral had started and the pastor was speaking.

"And I'm sure Mr and mrs Dallas has a few words to say also" he said and me and and Cameron walked up the the podium behind the casket.

"Um, I- I'm not really sure what to say, i didn't write anything or prepare because who can prepare for something like this? My uncle use to tell me that love knew no time because when your in love the world revolved around you. And that's how I felt, I never though I would lose my grandparents. They were always there and always cared. I just want another warm hug from them, another goodbye. The last time I saw then I didn't say goodbye, I said see ya later becuase I was certain that I would see them again. But i guess there's always a drop in life. I'm sorry grandma and grandpa and I love you soo much." I wiped my eyes and stepped away while everyone clapped.

"I'm Cameron, and uh my grandparents were the sweetest people on the face of the planet. They were the wisest too. They helped me through every obstacle in life." Cameron continued but I space out. I stared at the tree a few feet infront of us. I saw my grandma pop out behind it. Then walk out with her arms linked around my grandpa. They smiled at us and walked toward me. I knew this was just my imagination. She have me a kiss on my cheek and my grandpa kissed my forehead. And I saw them both walk away towards a misty light.

"Um sam." I felt someone tap me. I snapped out of my thoughts and we formed a line infront of the coffin and threw In some dirt and flowers on their casket. We watched it lower down into the ground.

I sighed and finally accepted that this was real and I would never see then again or be happy.