I Sketched My Mate? WTF? Chapter 20

Amy’s P.O.V.

After we finished eating, we decided to hang out at the park a little longer. Matt went back to his car and he puts the blanket and basket back in the trunk.

I went back to the swing and waited for Matt to come back. I hear the trunk slam shut and then I see Matt coming back. He sits on a swing beside me.

“So whose idea was it for the picnic?” I ask.

“My mom’s. Dad and mom always have picnics on the weekend.” Matt tells me.

I nod my head. “How did they meet?” I ask.

“My mom doesn’t like talking about it; she says it brings back bad memories.” He tells me.

I nod my head.

“So would you like to head to my house?” Matt asks.

“Sure.” I say.

We got off the swings and we head to Matt’s car. Matt helps me in the car and then he gets in on the other side and he drives off.

We arrived at his house and we both got out.

We went up to the front door and Matt opens it.

I went in and Matt followed behind me. I see Heather and Scott on the couch talking but you couldn’t hear them, they were whispering.

“Hey mom and dad.” Matt says.

Scott and Heather stop whispering and they turn their heads to look at us.

“How was the picnic?” Heather asks.

“It was good.” Matt says.

“Did you enjoy the picnic Amy?” Scott asks.

“Yeah, I haven’t had a picnic since mom…” I began to say.

I saw a sad look on Heather’s face.

“Well, Amy and I are going upstairs.” Matt says.

Matt grabs my hand and we head upstairs. I sit on Matt’s bed and he sits beside me.

“So what do you want to do?” Matt asks.

I shrug my shoulders. “I don’t know; what do you want to do?” I ask looking at Matt.

“Why don’t we watch a movie?” Matt asks.

“Alright, just make sure you watch the time.” I say.

“I will, let’s get a movie put in.” Matt says.

I picked out a movie and Matt put the movie in and we sat back on the bed. I placed my back against the wall and then I laid my head on Matt’s shoulder.

I felt Matt kiss the top of my head. I smile a little.

We were in the middle of watching the movie when I hear music playing. I lift my head up to look at Matt.

“Whose music is playing?” I ask.

“Mine, I set an alarm to go off on my phone ten minutes before I’m supposed to take you home.” Matt tells me.

I nod my head.

“So should I take you home now?” Matt asks.

“Yeah, I don’t want my dad to get angry.” I say.

“Alright, I’ll drive you home.” Matt says.

Matt turns off the television and then he gets off the bed and he helps me up. I get my shoes on and then I put on the jacket.

Matt hands me his phone.

“Why’d you give me your phone?” I ask.

“In exchange for you keeping my jacket, remember you had to give me your number.” Matt tells me.

I take his phone and type in my number and then I hand his phone back. We went downstairs.

“Where you two going?” I hear Scott ask.

“Matt’s taking me home.” I say.

“Alright, hope you’ll come back Amy.” Scott says.

I look at Matt and then I look back at Scott.

 “I’ll definitely come back.” I say.