Chapter 9

Recap

I rush into Xavier's room and go into the bathroom looking for anything sharp. I search around to find someone's razor. I look over at my wrist, take the blade, and start to cut. I smile as the blood comes out and the black spots appear. The last thing I hear is Xavier's footsteps coming up the stairs.

Xavier's POV

I wait in the waiting room for what seems like hours before the doctor comes in. I shoot right up and walk over to him. He starts to speak and say......

Present
Xavier's POV

The doctor says 'we stitched up her wrist but with all the blood loss she'll be asleep for a couple of hours.' I let out the breath I was holding to thank the doctor before going into her room. While she was still asleep the nurses came in to check on her. She still hasn't woken up and it's been a couple of hours. She's starting to worry me. I've stayed by her side all the time. There was a couple visits from her brother but I dismissed him afterwards. I look her over one last time before going to talk to her brother. Why would she do this to herself. Was it me or someone else? I walk up to Jonah and start talking about Sammy to him. He suggests sending her someplace to get help. I'm instantly angered my mate isn't crazy! I sit down and think though. Sammy hasn't really been the same since she came here. I get that she has problems and all but I'm her mate why can't she confide in me. God Sam has to pull through this because I have no idea on what I'd do without her. I walk back into Sam's hospital room to see her wide eyed and looking at a knife. She twirls it in her hand before not looking at me and whispers 'I wish it would stop you know the voices inside my head. They tell me todo things you know. I like them though there my friends but friends aren't supposed to hurt you though.' I look at her trying to figure her out because next thing I know she's standing up. I hurry to her before she pushes me away and walks out of the room. I follow her but she's walking pretty fast. I see she's going into the waiting room. I stay in the doorway as she runs over to Jonah and hugs him. She keeps whispering 'it's not your fault and it has nothing todo with the extracurricular actives ok. Don't blame yourself ok. I just need you to know that I'll never blame you. This was all on me.' I pull her into a hug and lead her back into her hospital room. I set her down where she puts her knees up to her chest. I watch her as she rocks back and forth. It kills me that I can't help her. After a while I get up the courage to ask her 'why did you do this to yourself Sam is life that bad for you?' She remains quiet and soon falls asleep. (Flashback to when my parents found out id self harmed)

Sam's POV

I sit up in bed as I woke up. Xavier is outside talking to the doctor. I listen in but only hear bits and pieces of the conversation. The doctor says 'I really think this'll help her a lot and you can visit. Don't you get this she tried to kill herself and I'm diagnosing her with psychotic depression, this place will help her I swear.' I hear Xavier sigh and mumble sure. I hear the door open and I act as if sleeping which makes Xavier laugh in his booming voice. I open one eye and then the other to look at Xavier. I sit up and pull my knees to my chest. Xavi comes over and hugs me. I just sit there and let him hold me. I like his comfort even if I don't want to admit it. After a while I sigh and speak up to say ' So your gonna send me to a place. I don't understand why though, I'm fine ok I can take care of myself because I've been doing that the last ten years. I'm fine there's nothing wrong with me.' After my rant I lay down exhausted and eventually fall asleep.