17.) Back To School

Riley's POV

I'm back from my long trip with Uncle Shawn. I have school tomorrow. I don't want to go back, I'll have to face Maya. I do my bedtime routine. I close my eyes. Sleep not coming easily to me. I lay in my bed for hours. My body finally gives up the fight on staying up, and sleep taking over me.

~Morning~

"Riley, first day of school." My dad sang. I forced myself out of bed. Doing what I do every morning before school. This one is just a little different. Maya is not coming to pick me up. I'm going to ride to school with my dad. I walked into school. I'm in the big house, high school. I went to my locker and dropped off everything that I didn't need.

"Hey Riley." Farkle greeted me.

"Hi Farkle."

"How was your summer? Didn't get to hear from you. Your dad said you went on a trip?"

"Ya, I went on a trip with my uncle."

"That's cool. Where's Maya? I haven't heard much from her either." Hearing her name makes me sad.

"I'm not sure. But you know that we are not together anymore."

"I'm know. But Riley did you even try to talk to her?" He asked.

"Farkle there is nothing to explain. She got someone else that would have sex with her. I was just not good enough for her. She moved on. And so did I."

"Riley." My eyes spotted golden waves of hair. There she was. Walking with that girl from the bakery. She looks bad. She looks like she hasn't slept in years. God. Just don't look at her. You're done and over with her. I walked into my class.

"Hey Riley." Lucas said.

"Hi."

"Long time no see."

"Ya, you too." The bell rang for class. I knew that I had the same class with Maya so I forced myself to look at something just not to see her. Was letting go of her so hard? She seemed to move on, like nothing. As always.