Video 19/24

February 15th

Yesterday, was Valentines Day. Which I only realised today.

Oops?

Ashton hadn't once mentioned it and the way I found out it had been Valentines Day, was because my mom asked if Ashton and I were dating.

To which I responded: "What the fuck? Why would you think that?"

And so, my mom told me it had been Valentines Day and that she thought we had been out on a date. Simply because it was Valentines Day and we had been out together.

I guess I couldn't say that was a stupid thing to assume.

Anyhow, it was another day and another chance to get closer to Michael. Despite the chances getting smaller everyday, in my opinion.

I was already on video nineteen of the twenty-four videos that were on my camera and so far all I could really use as clues were his hair colour, his friend Luke and his neighbour, Sarah.

His hair colour because obviously, it stood out. Not everyone walked around with bright red or purple hair.

Then his friend Luke, who Ashton and I had already seen at the coffee shop at least once. But we hadn't had a chance to talk with him, unfortunately. And something about him told me he wasn't really willing to talk much.

And lastly, his neighbour. Sarah. The girl whose voice and puppy seemed so extremely familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger to. And I wished I could.

I knew I could watch more than one video a day, but I just felt like one video a day made it more special. And despite me wanting to meet Michael, I could wait that little longer.

Because like Ashton had said: "You'll meet when the time is right."

December 31st

"Happy- no wait, not yet," Michael smiled sheepishly at the camera. "Sorry. I guess that could count as practicing for tonight? Yeah? No? Okay."

Michael pouted, before smiling again, "so, tonight," he subtly twirled in a circle, showing off the few decorations around him, "it's New Years Eve."

Michael walked into his hallway, turning the camera to film the firework he had put there. "And Luke and I will be using some of these."

He couldn't stop smiling, knowing it was already quite close to midnight. All Michael had to do, was take the firework and go to Luke's house, where everyone would be.

Because just like Christmas, they alternated at whose house they celebrated New Year. And this year was at the Hemmings residence.

After Michael had informed the camera, he took the firework and left his house, the camera on pause.

Once he got to Luke's house, he happily greeted everyone and talked a bit, mostly to pass some time. Because he just wanted to film the exciting parts, like the countdown and all.

As it was nearing midnight for real, Luke and Michael were talking. Which somehow led to Luke, sheepishly admitting with flushed cheeks, "I've always wanted a midnight kiss, you know?"