Chapter 5

Hazels POV

I looked at the flame. Transfixed by its beauty. Surely no harm could be done by this little match. I put the tip of my finger on the fire and didn't pull my finger away. The flames licked my finger. It hurt slightly but I was used to it. I loved fire.

I pulled the match away and put it on the floor. I watched at the flames grew, building higher and higher. I did the same to five more. Match after match. Till they were all gone. The fire made a circle around me, closing in. Like a pack of wolves circling there prey.

The flames then found my leg trailing up until my body was covered. I cried out suddenly starting to have second thoughts.

"To late now." I said to myself as I heard sirens blaring  outside. They couldn't help now. I would be long gone before they found me.

The flames covered me. From head to toe. My whole body on fire. For some sick reason I loved the pain. I thought about Rachal, how she must be outside watching since she couldn't have been that far away. I thought about my Mom, and Dad. I hadn't even got to say good bye to my father. But he will soon find the note on my bed. My thoughts led me to Richard Sterling, how they found his blood and clothing but not him. He couldn't be alive, poor Rachal. If they found his body, dead, she'd be devasted, and I wouldn't be there to comfort her.

"She'll get over it." I said. "Eventually."

I thought about how my Mum and Dad were planning to have another baby. They forgot about me, Everything was now about the new baby girl coming. Its all they wanted. May as well just leave them before they loose more intrest in me.

I could hear the pounding footsteps running up the stairs, fire fighters probably. They were calling names. I knew a few. They were calling the coaches,  and some of the players. My name was among them, but I didn't want them to know I was here. So I stayed quiet.

A figure of a man came through pulling me out with my hand. I screamed not wanting to be saved. Another hand came out and grabbed my other arm pulling me the other way. I screamed again, louder. I fought, kicking, and trying to wriggle free of the strong grasps. I heard a slight argument between the two men.

"You stay away from her!" One said.

"Never she's ours!" the other countered.

"Why would she want to be like you? A heartless shell!"

"Better then being a wolves b*tch!"

Wolf? Did I hear correctly? Maybe I was so close to dying that I was going crazy. I didn't have allot of time to think before I felt knives digging into my right arm. Right above the wrist. I heard someone scream and felt pins stick into my left arm. I screamed in pain. Why couldn't these people just let me die in my fire?

They dropped me as peoples voices echoed through the floor. I fell hitting the ground with a sickening thud. I was slowly drifting away when I saw them standing over me. I couldn't make out and faces or features. But they intimidated me. They ran off. Leaving me and the fire alone. Happy and burning.

Hey everyone! You like? COMMENT FOR SUGGESTIONS!