Chapter 6

I dreamed of a boy. But each time I tried to take his hand another man would come at me and break our contact. It seems as though it was to true for a dream. The man who broke us was a black shadow. Nothing more, just a figure with no features that I could see. The boy I was desperately trying to get to, was also a blob. His colors were yellow, brown, and black. I couldn't figure out why I wanted to get to him. But something in me told me that it was desperate. As I kept getting blocked, I felt less and less real. I was being pulled toward the opposite direction, I cried out not wanting to leave.

...

I opened my eyes to a white room. I was in a white gown. I looked around, ignoring the parched feeling in my throat and mouth. I lifted my arms and saw wrapping above each wrist. Confused I tried to take them off, when a heavily ringed hand shot out and gently touched my arm. I looked up and saw an old nurse sitting next to me. She had light brown hair cut in a pixie style. Her eyes were a dark brown. Almost black. She looked at me, her face full of worry, and... it looked like pity. I couldn't tell.

"Hello my name is Tierney." She simple said.

I nodded. I opened my mouth and I felt my lips crack. My top lip popped bring the coppery taste of blood in my mouth. She jumped up and brought a cup of water to my mouth. I drained it to the last drop. I instantly felt better. My throat now let me swallow.

"Wait... am I alive?" I asked stupidly. "The fire? I felt myself dying."

"Shh." She shushed me harshly. "Your attempt at suicide failed. Leaving you alive and a brand new building burned. And you know what! You weren't even touched. Which everyone is saying its a miracle. But I say its creepy. You look familiar and I know why. I was there when you were born. I remember the fire. You were left in the hospital. And its the same thing. You should've died then and you should've died last night. You don't deserve to be alive." Her words felt like acid. Burning my skin harder then the fire. She got up and left the room, her words still hung in the air.

I lay my head on the pillow. A single tear fell from my eye. It was true. I was alive and now I have to pay for what I did. I saw my parents outside the window my father clutching my mum under his arm. They were listening to the nurse. My Dads gaze fell on me and I met his gaze. His blue eyes, so different from my green eyes, were puffy. I was in shock. My dad never cried. Not even for me.

He was yelling. At the nurse. I could barely make out what they were saying.

"You can let us in! She's our daughter, whatever's happening she can tell us. Trust me!" He said.

"I guess... maybe you should let her rest for a bit. She's really dehydrated." Nurse Tierney said. "Besides, how do you know she wants to see you guys. I don't know how she's alive but if she wasn't she'd be dead." She narrowed her eyes and finished. "She didn't tell you guys she was going to kill herself? Did she?"

My mum said quietly. "No, but she has been so upset lately. I should've known."

I started to sob. But no one noticed. If only the fire had killed me. It would've been so much easier to confront my parents in Heaven(Or wherever I'm going.) then now in the hospital bed.