Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I looked at the watch I had brought, checking what time it was. 8:00. My parents were probably home by now, looking to see if I had been there. I sat on the ground, breathless after running who knows ho many miles. They must know by now that I was gone.

I breathed in and out, calling all my strength to come to me. I closed my eyes and rocked back and forth. As I was catching my breath, I felt a presence before me. My eyes shot open and I was on my feet. There, towering over me was just a boy. No not a boy, a teenager. He had thick arms, short blond hair, and bright yellow eyes. I felt myself staring at his eyes, I dropped my gaze to the floor. 

He spoke," You've come a long way." His voice was deep, but kind.

I nodded unsure whether he'll hurt me or keep me safe.

He tool my right arm and lifted my palm up. He looked at the claw like scabs. I didn't know if he could see them. The nurse couldn't. He groaned. He traced the   cuts with his index finger.

He took a couple minutes before deciding to speak again."Hmm. If I did mark you. Why didn't you change?" His voice sounded lost in thought.

I knew then that he was the one at the fire. I sharply pulled my arm away and looked at his startled eyes. 

"You did this to me?" I accused him."Because of this now everyone thinks I'm crazy! My own parents think I belong in a bubble room!" I was close to yelling.

He looked at me and instead of yelling back he asked a question of his own. "Why'd you start the fire Hazel?" He said it with such pure kindness in his voice that I gasped. How did he know my name?

" You don't know me." I said stubbornly.

"Yes I do. And I know you started that fire because your unhappy." He said.

"You don't know my reasons!" I screamed!

He took my left arm right were the pin like cuts were and I winced. He looked at me concerned then looked down at my arm. He growled, literally dog growled. He dropped my arm and took a step back. 

"sh*t" He said. Then he started having an argument with himself. " Wait they bit you? No, they couldn't have. But... but... if they did shouldn't you be like them? Ugh I don't know. I need to talk to Ben!" He finished and then looked at me again as if surprised I was still there.

"What are you?" I asked.

"You sure you want to know. You deserve to. Although if you know then there's a good chance you'll never be able to go back to your normal life." He said

I laughed. "Even you must know that's not an option anymore. Just tell me."

"A werewolf." He said as if it was the most normal thing ever. He lowered his voice. "Do you know if you can change into a wolf?"

"Me no!" I said surprised. "I'm just a normal girl!"

"Not anymore." He said knowingly. "Your one of us but your also one of them to, somehow."

"What?" I said."What am I also like?"

"Ever heard 'bout vampires?" He said staring into my eyes.

"Well think of once-upon-a-time tales but much worse." He said. "Much worse.

"Okay so know I'm some kind of hybrid wolf, vampire thing? Some good/evil being? Oh I know I'll call it a Vampwolf or A Werepire! Ugh thats the most stupid, cheesiest thing ever." I said.

"Well its true." He said then turned and started walking away. "Are you coming?

"Wait where are you going?" I called.

"To the one person who will be able to figure this out. The pack leader Ben." he said. I had no choice but to follow him.

Comment!