Chapter 4

The drive to my house was logically about 5 minutes but cause of the tension it felt like hours! Finally we pull up to my house I start getting out of the car saying a thank you and was just about to my door when I hear the car turn off and doors slamming. Looking around I see them all walking up. Not wanting to be rude I guess it would hurt to tell them in for a while. Since it is just Friday I guess but honestly all I want to do is relax and have some peace and quiet.

"Come on in but I warn you we still have lots of unpacked boxes laying around"

Opening the door I hold it open so that everyone can pile in.

"Wow Y/n your house is really nice" Beth says looking around and plopping herself on the reclining couch.

"Thanks. It's just my mom and I, so it's really spacious"

"Oh if you don't mind me asking where is your father?" Josh says while slipping off his shoes, I just walk over to Beth and shrug.

"Honestly couldn't tell you. He ran out on us the day I was born"

Man I don't mind telling people the only thing is is that I hate the look people give me that sympathetic look-like they're doing right now.

"I'm sorry I di-"

"Don't worry about it I honestly don't care. I like it just being my mom and I"
It falls silent. They are probably trying to figure out what to say and not to say.

"Alright then who's thirst I have water, pop and juice"

"Water" they all say. With that I walk into the kitchen.
How annoying. That same sympathetic look makes me just want peace and quiet I can already hear what they are thinking,

'Poor Y/n'

'She's so strong'

God that pisses me off! I mean it's nice and all but I've seen it over and over. Oh well I just met them and they seem like really nice people so I'll just let it go. I was just trying to grab some cups from the top shelf when a sudden voiced scared me.

"Need any help?"

I look to the opening and see Josh leaning against the side of the door with his arms crossed. I could get used to those eyes. But I can't I don't want to be someone who doesn't know when off limits is. So I just look back and quickly grab the four cups.

"No I'm good. Thanks though"

I turn on the faucet and fill the drinks. I turn with the drinks in my hands and almost run into a chest. Knowing who it was I just step aside and proceed into the living room with Josh following close behind. I hand out the drinks and sit down in front of Beth and Hanna. I grab the remote and start surfing the channels.

"What would you guys like to watch we can watch? something on TV or we can watch some movies"

"TV should be fine" Hanna says.

*BUZZ BUZZ*

I pull my phone out and see 'mom' displayed on my phone; getting up I throw the remote to Hanna and walk into the kitchen.

"Hey mom, are you okay? You never call me during work"

"Yeah everything is alright I was just wondering how school was?"

"It's fine. Lame, exhausting and not so bad I guess"

"Hmmmm by 'not so bad' are you talking about school or the guys"

"Mom... alright fine I meant the guys"

"Wow you actually fancy someone; usually you're saying that guys are nothing but barbarians"