Chapter 4: Harder than planned

Raven's POV

Should I? Shouldn't I? Those questions attacked my brain. I had hurt Beast Boy. I could tell, because he had this disappointed look on his face. I took a deep breath and made my way down the stairs, making sure nobody saw my apology. I looked for Starfire, and she wasn't there. She was probably in her room. I finally made it down the stairs and saw Beast Boy sitting on the couch.
"Uh, Beast Boy." I said nervously. He whipped his head around then crawled over the couch to get to me.
"What, Raven?" He asked, a slight anger in his voice. I must've really hurt him, not just now, but in the time that I've known him. He never really calls me 'Raven' anymore, he normally just calls me 'Rae' or 'Mama', but he just stopped suddenly. "Raven, you gonna talk?" He said. My body jumped as he broke the silence.
"Oh, I just wanted to apologize for what happened earlier. I mean, you looked upset and I just didn't know if I had hurt you feelings. I'm sorry for earlier and all the times I may have hurt you, and yeah..." My voice trailed off. I flashed a small concerned look, but he was smiling.
"It's fine, Mama." He said and gave me a small, awkward hug. I smiled too because he was using my nicknames again, even though they get old sometimes. "Uh, Rae, there was something I wanted to tell you, too." He said as we looked into each other's eyes.

Beast Boy's POV

I was going to do it. I was going to tell her how I felt, only it was harder than I planned. Every time I opened my mouth and tried to speak, all that came out were little dumb squeaky noises and heavy breath. Raven raised her eyebrow at me, and I could tell she was getting throughly annoyed. She turned her back to me and started walking. My new anxiety hit me harder than any of her punches from her spells. As she was walking, I kept thinking, until I got enough courage to do it.
"Wait, Rae!" I called. She turned around. I was shaking. "I wanted to tell you, that I love you. I'm like in love you, and I always have been, I was just afraid of being rejected. This might be the wrong time, but, I love you Rae, and I know you think I'm annoying but will you give it a chance?" I was proud of myself. I had done it. I wasn't ever gonna let things like that hold me back anymore. Now, as I see Raven smile shyly, I walk up to her and hug her. "So, Mama, can we give it a try?" I asked.
"Beast Boy, I've liked you too, I just don't want to hurt you." She said sadly. "I guess we should try it, though, and..." Her voice trailed off nervously.
"See if it'll work or not." I finished for her.
"Yeah." She said, agreeing with me.
"Oh, and Rae, you don't have to worry about hurting me. I'm a lot stronger than you think." I said, trying to reassure her. A silence fell over us, and now all we were doing was smiling at each other.