Chapter twenty one

My chest burned and my head throbbed, the world was falling out from beneath me. Crumbling like my heart. I felt the sting of rejection in my body and all i wanted to do was run after her, save her. But how could i save her when i caused this pain. My wolf whined and my body felt incredibly heavy, Vivian watched carlee leave before turning to look at me. I couldn't meet her eyes as she sized me up. She grabbed my arm and dragged me in the other direction, part of my realized i was getting farther and farther away from carlee but the rest of me was broken, frozen in a state of hurt and regret. I let Vivian guide me through the scrub to a near by car , the whole time my mind remained stuck as she helped me into the back seat and started the car. Hours later we were at her pack, slowly and stiffly i went through the motions that seemed automatic. 

Vivian pulled me through the pack as they came to greet us, i barley heard them call me alpha. She pulled me onto the porch of the pack house, there she held our intertwined hands up for the pack to see. Everyone went quiet. 

' Fellow wolves, i am here to inform you that i have found my mate!' She announced. 

the crowd threw their heads out and howled. My body went cold

' Your new alpha and I have already mated and consummated the bond and we are expecting pups!' 

The wolves yelped and howled even louder. my eyes stared at the distant tree line, looking for carlee. I wrenched my hand from hers and escaped into the house. I stormed to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water to cool my new found rage. But my rage spread down my arm and into my hand that crushed the glass. i didn't even feel the shards digging into my skin, only the sense of guilt and self loathing. 

Vivian came in and took in the scene, she grabbed a cloth and tried to pry my hand open to survey my wounds. I pulled back from her and snarled. 

'how dare you touch me, how dare you' she paid no attention to me and reached again to grab my hand. I snapped and pushed her away from me, to hard, she hit her back hit the counter behind her with a strong thud and she looked at me. fire burning in her eyes. 

She lunged forward towards me, i stepped to the side throwing her onto the ground, knocking several things over along the way. Footsteps approached, she met my eyes from her position on the floor. Another wolf walked in and stopped. looking from me to her crumpled on the floor, she wrapped her hands around her stomach and started wailing. 

' the baby!, no not the baby please dont hurt us' She sobbed and pleaded. The other wolf became angry but hesitant to attack me. I knew how it looked. there was no way out of this, I looked at Vivian. 

' I will never be your mate or your alpha' I whispered in a venomous  tone before running out the back door and taking the woods. Hatred and disgust consumed me and somewhere I felt my wolf change and my eyes turn red...