Chapter ten

We walked through the day, stopping occasionally by streams for water. We didn't talk much for most of the journey, James occasionally grunted or signalled for me to do something. Part of me was disappointed that I couldn't hear his voice but another part was glad that I wouldn't have to worry about embarrassing myself in front of him.
As night fell I tugged the flannel shirt closer , it was big enough to wrap around me and shield my body from the wind.

Lights become noticeable off in the distance causing a chill to crawl up my spine. " where are we going ?" I asked cautiously. I didn't have good feeling about this. But I clung to the fact that James is my mate and would never try and hurt me. A smell infiltrated my nostrils. It smelt like a wolf but it had a bitter smell, like death. My heart stopped. Rogues.

Just then James turned and wrapped an iron like arm around my waist and he hoisted me over his shoulder in one movement. Panic set in and I began to kick and punch his back. Why was he doing this? I screamed in my mind. He's suppose to love me, he's my mate!! My mind raced for a logical explanation that wouldn't make me cry but I failed.
Voices came into hearing range making me freeze. James let me down slowly , he held my wrist tight. I turned to see three men dressed in black. They were all staring at me with hunger and hatred. I could feel my body instinctively repulse under their tainted stare.

" ahh I see you brought a new friend James" said the man in the middle- from the looks it seemed like he was in charge.
James lifted his chin slightly. I looked from man to James a few times whilst my brain processed what had just happened. This rogue knows James. But how, why? The questions raced over and over in my mind. I needed answers.
" father, this is my......"
Hang on, what!
"Father !" I looked at James in anger and shock.

And that's when all hell broke loose..