Chapter 30: Bloody Apple

Hey, Heey! Me again, surprised? I guess not ;P Well, I’ haven’t got much to say except that it’s so hot that I think by the time I end writing this chap the keyboard keys are going to end up melted on my fingers. Anyway, it’s boys’ night people. Let’s see what they’ve got to say. Yes!! That means even Alec! After wrecking my mind I finally put the things that were bugging me the most and smashed them together, so that’s an Alec’s POV and my computer problems. Anyways, hope you enjoy:  

Alec’s POV  

I parked my black Jaguar XKR-S outside the clock tower after taking her for a spin and purchasing my new MacBook Air and internet service. Nothing new happened around here. Sam hasn’t called since sixteen months ago. I wonder if I’m still in her thoughts as much as she is in mine. Life here is dull and bleak without her. She was my joy and soul and when she left, she also left behind her an irreparable void. Now my only highlight has become my car and hopefully for a little variation, this laptop. I covered my car and went upstairs to my room. I plugged the laptop in like the instruction manual said. I started exploring bits and pieces following the manual and a magazine I bought about these Apple products. I was interested and amazed at how these mystical gadgets worked. Technology was truly amazing. But truthfully, I had other Sam related motives for buying the laptop. The more I thought about how our relationship had been, and hopefully will be when we reunite, the more I thought about those three hundred years separating us. They have never been a problem that couldn’t be solved but I knew that if I wanted to be with Sam, I had to update my living. I couldn’t keep dressing up as if I was going to a funeral all the time. I wanted to at least know the first thing about technology, this Apple brand in particular that she had told me about.

I remembered her telling me the story about her mother’s boyfriend’s laptop. She said that she has secretly used it without his permission and afterwards plugged it in to charge. Then at night she tripped on the wire and it smashed the monitor on the ground (or as I’ve recently learned VDU) He had made her pay two hundred euros and he fixed it up nicely for her. He removed the broken monitor and attached another monitor through wires. This was why she called it a semi laptop. And what annoyed her the most was that it was windows and her mother made her use the semi laptop for four years. It was always causing her problems or losing her work. She had said, “That was the day when I started hating Windows and shouting ‘Long live Apple’ at anyone who brought up the subject.” I laughed at the carefree memory.

As the web loaded I wondered if I could use the web to find Sam. I knew that it would be like looking for a piece of straw in a mansion filled with needles. I didn’t even know if she still goes by her name. Still, I gave it a try. A Facebook link loaded. There were about twelve with the same name. I clicked on each of them, only to end up disappointed until I arrived at the last one. The server said: This profile is no longer available, but I recognised the picture immediately. It was Sam and she most defiantly was human there. She had a pair of flushed cheeks and perhaps a zit or two but she still looked amazing to me. She was beautiful even when she was only human. And most importantly she was real in this picture. In some other pictures I had seen of the other Sams many were wearing provocative clothes that showed a lot of cleavage but Sam’s was portrait sized and she was wearing a plain blue shirt. She didn’t need sluttish clothes to look sexy. As if her smile wasn’t proof enough of how glorious she was.

Ah, I really missed her. I just want to hear her voice once more and feel her running her dainty fingers through my hair. I knew that whatever happened I would never give up on her and on our love. Someday we would be together once more and we’ll laugh at this…                                                              …I hope.

(A/N: I know, short depressing A’s POV but this was all I got. P.S: I currently own a semi laptop cause that story actually happened to me three years ago and believe me, it’s not fun.-.-)