Chapter 40: Love Conquers All

Hey ppl, this is the big 4-oh and as I promised you I wanted to do something special to thank you all. So I dedicated this chap to all of you who have supported me and Outcast. You get a virtual hug and a virtual muffin :P I love you all and again thanks for your support! It means a lot :)

Love xxx,

Sarah/ VampGirl330

Oh, before I forget I’ll make some suggestions of what to listen during the chap. I think it would be great if you listen to them. I seriously hope you’re fans of Paramore cuz they inspired me a lot J Though you might finish reading earlier, while I write I take quite some time to think, and since unfortunately English isn’t my native tongue it takes a little bit longer. But if you see a song you like well, you tube it.

And before I forget this too, I was rereading last chapter and I noticed many mistakes, like promotion instead of people. I apologise, but that was autocorrect. I write this stuff mostly on my phone and self email it.

NOW, on to Chapter 40: Love Conquers All

Sam’s POV

-[Brick by Boring Brick- Paramore]-

I walked in the blackness again, only to find more blackness. I felt naked, dirty. And there was no way I could wash the Gaius off of me. I felt ashamed that I let him do that to my body. I knew that I had no choice but that didn't mean that I could restrain the guilt. But I knew that I couldn't hide any longer in my visions. I was thirsty and more importantly than that my pride stung. I wanted to get a hold of him and make some serious damages to where the sun doesn’t shine.

The blackness had surprisingly became comfortable, my haven, where the sadness could not reach me. Away from Gaius and the reality he represented. I was a raped girl, defiled and used. The love of my live could not be with me and I would help to destroy him. Ironic much? I would never have a proper family. I would never fit in. That was the reality I wanted to bury. The darkness has become my safest bet. If that’s not sad, I don’t know what is.

I made myself stand up and reluctantly will the fog. It’s a very weird thing, the sensation you get when half of your brain tells you to do something and the other half opposes. And then there’s that annoying thing they call good sense which finally decides for you what to choose. Now that I thought about it, it made me feel as if I was an avatar in a game.

The blackness faded away and ghostly white fog remained. It slowly faded away, as if lingering slowly to give me time to adapt to reality. When everything was cleared I opened my eyes. Slowly, I got up and wiped the mud off of me. I could see that the others had been taking care of me while I was gone from the amount of mud around me as I would have been covered in at least five inches of the brown stuff.

“Sam,” Logan said in a stunned voice. “You’re awake?” I honestly didn’t know how to reply to that question so I just nodded and got up. I noticed that I wasn’t wearing any underwear and felt exposed as the dress’s front slit made everything visible if the wind picked up. I tucked the sides of the dress between my legs.

“So… um… are you…Nessie visited us yesterday.” He said, struggling for words. You don’t ask a girl who got raped how she’s feeling but then again what would do you say to her?

“Too bad I missed it.” I said, my voice sounding husky and broken. I tried to clear my throat. A few miles away I heard Gaius’s voice blaring and shouting at someone. I shuddered and automatically cringed away. Once I had told Alec that I hadn’t been helpless in a long time and that I wouldn’t start now that I was a vamp. Well, truth be told, I have never felt more helpless than right now. The simple thought of Gaius ever touching me again made me feel abused. I pulled my knees to my chest and hugged my knees tightly to my chest. I buried my face in my hands. I breathed and exhaled, trying to calm my anxious nerves. I wished Alec was here. I was vulnerable to Gaius but he could protect me. Sure, Alec was with me, in my own little world of fantasy.