Chapter 34: Confession

Sam's POV

Anger boiled inside my veins instead of blood. 

"I hate you Daren!" I shouted out to nobody. I was facing the Pacific Ocean, shouting at the waves which crashed on the cliffs. I stood on the tip as the spray of the salty water wet my clothes. The pain took over my entire body. I no longer had control over my actions. My knees gave up on me and my body arched forward and I was suddenly falling down the cliffs. A wave splashed my body with salty water and as I was about touch the water I could not help but think that had I been human a fall like this would kill me. And right now I wanted to get done with it so badly. I'd take suicide gladly over continuing living like a pathetic fake. Because that's what I was; a lying pathetic hypocrite. I pretended everything was fine, that I could be one of them when it was clear I could not. Without Alec I could not carry on. I felt numb all the time and my heart ached whenever I saw a couple, which among the Cullens was all the time. 

My body collided with the freezing water, which was already freezing into ice. The water was dense which reminded me of the time when I buried myself in Finland. I had also been searching refuge from the pain back then. Was I really a self-loathing snob who wasn't able to have fun with her guy? Did my attitude annoy people? I wondered what was about what I said to Daren that made him snap at me like that.

My mind went on overload. Fog took over and I was shifted in a vision seeing Alec pinned over me, holding my body firmly on the ground.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" he said in a calm but firm voice… 

XXX

I climbed up the cliffs, water dripping from my long hair. It was midnight and a full moon shone and bathed the world underneath it with a natural white glow. That is, until grey clouds covered it completely and continued to build up until rain started pouring. I reached the tip of the cliff and put both my hands on the edges and pushed up. I was about to start running when a voice interrupted me. 

“Sam?”

Daren. I turned to face him. “I don’t want to talk, go away.”  I told him and started running towards the cottage. He stopped me before I could get past him. “I’m sorry. I’m deeply sorry Sam. I took it too far and I understand you if you hate me, you have every right to do so. But please don’t. I don’t want to lose you too.” He said to me. I noticed that he was also dripping wet, so he must have been here for a long time. 

“Daren, I… You don’t need to apologise. I realise that my attitude may not be pleasant at all.” I told him, just wanting to get home and take a hot shower. 

“You’re wrong. I acted like a dickhead back there. I should not have been so persistent on a topic that pains you so much.” 

“Don’t ever bring that up. I should not have said anything about that.” 

“No, Sam, you were lost in your visions for five whole days. You’re in pain. Everybody knows that. We want to help.” He insisted. 

“You can’t. Nobody can. Look… let’s just not talk about it anymore. ‘Kay?” I asked him and before he could comment I ran off to our cottage.

XXX

After a nice hot shower I laid in on the couch. Things were awkward especially when Nessie, Jake, Emmett all made eye contact with me. I had made Daren promise that no one else would know the reason of our fight, so they weren’t able to ask me anything. Nessie looked quite worried and if I knew her enough I would say she would be dying with curiosity. Yet thankfully, nobody asked anything. Everybody left after a while and Daren sat next to me. I knew he wanted something as he only gave me the puppy dog eyes when he wanted something really badly.