Chapter 1

Lucas

                The jocks had Seth shoved against the lockers and were taunting him. I couldn’t hear what they were saying, and I didn’t really care. My fists clenched as I made my way over to them.

“And look what the little girl is wearing today!” They laughed.

“Let him go!” I yelled, coming up beside them.

Seth was short and, well small. He was a good friend, but he was really weak, and timid. Me, I would gladly tell you to shove off and punch your lights out if you didn’t. Of course, it helped that I was pretty tall.

“Mind your own business Lucas.” Josh, the quarterback, glared at me.

I smirked and shrugged then shoved him hard. “Where’s the fun in that?”

“Oh no you-“ Brandon started, he was one of the smaller jocks and the funny thing was, he was actually pretty scared of me.

I turned and glared then pointed my finger at him. “Back off.” He immediately moved away, giving me an opening to Seth. I grabbed Seth’s shoulder and pulled him away from the jocks. “You alright?”

He nodded. I looked back to the jocks, raising an eyebrow. “Don’t you have something better to do?”

“Actually,” Brandon turned to Josh and talked quietly. “We do have practice and we can’t be late.”

“Oh, go run along Joshy,” Seth said, standing somewhat behind me. “You got to hurry so you can run around and tackle all those guys, I know that’s what you love the most.” Amazing how brave he was when I was here to save his butt.

“You’re just jealous,” the third guy, Cole, said.

I laughed as we started backing down the hall. “Oh yeah, we’re just sooooo jealous that we don’t get to shower together every day. You lucky guys.”

“I want to join the football team.” Seth said sarcastically.

We laughed as the guys flipped us off and took off to practice. I turned around then ran smack into some preppy girl. She glared at me as she adjusted her bag then quickly stepped back.

“Watch where you’re going freak!”

I raised an eyebrow at her. It took me a second to realize who she was. Kirsten Daniels. I only knew her name because people were always saying it. Apparently, she was popular or something.

Seth looked at her and laughed. “You’re wearing those shoes with that outfit.” He shook his head. “How are you popular?” Did I mention that Seth was gay? Another reason he’s picked on.

The girl leaned back, giving him a snobby look. “Says the sheep dog. How could you even see what I’m wearing with all that hair hanging over your eyes?”

I put a hand on Seth’s shoulder before he could say something else and start another fight. “Take a chill pill princess, we were just on our way out.”

I grinned then walked by her, purposely bumping her shoulder just to tick her off. She made a frustrated uh sound and I’m sure she was glaring daggers at me. It sure was fun to mess with girls like her.

Seth hurried after me. “Were you flirting with the prep?” He asked, grinning.

I rolled my eyes. “No.”

“But you were grinning a lot.”

“I wasn’t flirting with her.” My voice was more serious this time.