Chapter 19

Lucas

I sat in the courtyard before school, thinking about everything that had happened that weekend. It’s amazing how things can go from being great to crap in only a few hours.

I spent most of Sunday with Ally and texting Dawn. I had given her Kirsten’s number and she told me she would text her, to make sure she was alright and all. I tried to get her to tell me what Kirsten was saying, but apparently that’s against the girl code or something. All I could get out of her was that Kirsten was okay and to give her some space.

I sighed and Seth patted my shoulder. “Cheer up man. It was all just one big misunderstanding. I’m sure it’ll be straightened out soon.”

I raised an eyebrow at him and he smiled hopefully. “Anything I can do to help?”

“Can you make Angel disappear?” I asked.

Seth smirked. “Not legally.”

“I’m fine with illegally,” I joked.

“Alright,” Seth hopped up, “I’ll need some zip ties, black plastic bags, and a lot of Tide.” I laughed and he grinned then sat back down. “Really though, anything I can do to help?”

“Not really.”

“Oh crap,” Seth said, jumping up and standing in front of me. “Hide, now!”

“Wha-“

“Lucas!” Angel called. Crap. “Seth, move out of the way!” she snapped as she came up behind him.

“Too late,” Seth grimaced as he moved over.

Angel smiled to me, pushing her hair over her shoulder. “Morning babe.”

“Don’t call me that.” I glared at her then turned my head away.

“Ooo, what’s this?” She grabbed my hand and pushed my sleeve up, looking at the bandage on my wrist. “Someone was engaging in some extracurricular activities last night after all.”

She smirked and a pulled my arm away, pushing my jacket sleeve down. “Screw you.”

She grinned. “Yes please.”

“Alright Angel,” Seth said, stepping toward her, “You need to back off. He doesn’t want to talk to you, okay?”

Angel smirked. “We don’t have to talk.”

Oh lord, this was going to be a very long day.

Kirsten

 I stood by the other populars and listened to Ashley’s rambling, though to be honest, I wasn’t really paying attention. I was still pissed at her for making out with Josh, but I decided not to get into it with her here, while everyone was watching.

My eyes slowly drifted over to the half wall across the way that the weirdoes always hung out before school. Before long I had zoned in on Lucas. I wanted to look away, but I couldn’t. Angel was walking over and she grinned when she stopped in front of him.

But what was this? He was turning away from her and he actually looked pretty pissed. Angel pulled up his sleeve and something caught my eye. Was that a bandage around his wrist? Why would he have-

“Hello.” I turned to see Dawn smiling at me. Well, it was almost a smile, it was too small to call it a real smile though. I guess it was a Dawn smile.

I smiled, giving her a hug. “Morning.”

“Oh” she hugged me back very lightly, as if she wasn’t used to hugs. She gave another Dawn smile as she pulled back. “How are you doing?”