Chapter 1: Lunchtime: Memories of Friendship

17 years later.

David sat alone with his friends John and Lucy, eating lunch together on the school grounds of Grimsberg High. The name made him feel like he belong there. Such a menacing name for a school. And to his disappointment, it was a cheerful school.

He instantly felt out of place. Then again, he felt out of place his whole life. He spotted Lucy tapping something on her iPad. He had one as well. He had no choice but to get one because it's required that all students have an iPad for school.

TextBooks were discontinued 3 years ago and all schools in the country  required students to own or have an iPad for homework and studies, as well as for classes. The knowledge from the textbooks were digitally installed to the iPad. Makes things easier for school.

David didn't really care for the iPad. He rather use books. He loved books. He loved to read. Kinda make since for him to have friends like Lucy and John.

John was a close friend of his ever since they were in Elementary School. They were best buds. John stood up for him when he was bullied for being different. No one wanted to fight him for how big he is.

John is 6.8 ft tall. Bulky figure with strong, masculine arms and 6 pack abs. He has brown hair and beige color eyes. Worked well with his tan. He's rather nice, despite the scowl that seems to appear on his face when he frowns. He dislikes bullies. Especially those who mess with his friends.

Still, people often wondered why he's even friends with David. They look so different. But everyone figured that the reason why was Lucy. Lucy is unique,  compared to others.

Lucy is 5.4 and has long black hair. Beautiful feature to go with blue eyes. Her angled face made her look similar to a cat. Fluid arms and well endowed. Elegant curves as well.

The uniqueness of her is her personality and her clothing choices. Most of her outfits are dark. Most of the time that you see her, she's wearing black. Like today. Wearing black taint top under a black jacket with short sleeves, black cargo pants and nice gothic style boots.

Her personality, however, it's what makes her interesting. She's usually shy. Doesn't like to talk much. She tried to be tsundere around others, but always fails around David. Like him, she loves to read. Explains why they're great friends as well.

She met David and John in middle school, when she transferred to their school. On her first day, she was picked on by some of the prissy girls attending the school. They messed with her clothing, talked trash and more. One girl dumped coca cola all over her new coat. That day, she met David and John. David rushed through the crowd to get to her and protected her as John got in the girl's faces.

"Leave her alone." John barked at them.

One of girls snickered. "What is it to you, John? You're messing with our fun."

The girl who spoke is a girl named Priscilla. Because of her rich dad, she does whatever she wants. She is popular among guys and a lot girls join her posse. Her dad just happens to be friends with the principal.

"This isn't fun. How would you feel if someone did this to you? David said.

He looked at the new girl. He can understand what she's going through. He disliked bullies. He was in her shoes at some point as well.

Another girl of the group giggled. Priscilla replied.

"It's none of your business, David."

She then covered her mouth and gasped.

"Don't tell me you care for her, do you? You like her?"