Chapter 12: Abduction

(Sora:)

Sora was lost in her thoughts. This was sometimes usual. But usually her thoughts would be about either school or a book she's deciding to read or a story she wanted to write. But not this time. This time, all she can think about was that flying creature she saw last night. The very one that she's been thinking about ever since she left that field. The creature even appeared in her dreams. She should have been afraid, but she never could. She still remembers how her heart was beating so fast by just looking at the creature. At first she thought it was fear. Fear of this creature. But it wasn't fear. In fact, she didn't know what it was. But she knew it wasn't fear. She remember how the moon light shined down on the creature. It was so beautiful, so mystical. The way the moonlight made it appeared as though the moon was envy of the creature and wanted to help it shine.

She was so lost in thought that she hadn't realize her hand was moving on it's own. Whenever she lost in thought and she was visualizing something, she tends to draw. It's what you would call Auto-Drawing. Whatever she is thinking of, she unknowingly draws it. So it surprised her when she looked down and saw a drawing of that very same field from last night. But what had her attention was the creature she was drawing. Whenever she auto draws something, the drawing created is always better than the drawing she drew it while focused on the draw. Which makes most of her drawings fantastic. Since she always drawing a lot when in thought. But this time, she was lost in thought, that she hadn't even noticed that someone is standing over her.

"What's that you're drawing, Sora?" Said a cute, perky voice.

She suddenly turned around and looked up, startled. She was relieved when she saw that it was her friend Christi. That girl can startle a bear just by saying hi. Christi is the only girl in the whole school that she considers as a friend. She's not picky for attention like the other girls. And the way she gets angry is cute. She always swollen her cheeks when angry. Still, even if she's angry or furious, she would never a harm.

It was lunch time at Cevalon High and she always goes to the one place she likes to go, and that is the large oak tree east corner of the lunch area. She always sat on one of its roots to write or read. And sometimes she just liked to sit there and rest. Sometimes she unknowingly auto-draws as well. She believes that she has drawn over 25 to 30 pictures on those roots. Which is what she was doing this time as well. She tried to hide the drawing from Christi.

"Oh, it's nothing." She lied.

"Oh it's far from nothing." Christi giggled. "Let me see. Let me see."

Christi has always known when she was lying. One of the disadvantages of having an over eccentric and perky person as a close friend.

"No Christi. You can't see."

Christi pouted, which on her face made her look absolutely adorable.

"Awwww, why not?"

"Not this time Christi."

Christi pouted some more.

"Meanie." She scrunched her eyes and made a frown.

That frown disappeared instantly a second later. It was replaced by a look of surprise. There was a weird sound coming from Sora. Everyone in the lunch area stopped what they were doing and looked at her with a surprised look on their faces. Some of the girls even gasped.

Sora, for the first time in a long time, was laughing. She was laughing with that beautiful voice of hers. It took a minute to realize that she was laughing. Then she gasped herself. She never laughed. Ever. Then everyone began smiling. Next thing you know, everyone went up to her. They never heard her laugh. Most of the girls were envy of her laugh, while most of the guy's cheeks were flushed.