Chapter 3: Rengi's: Great time; Impending Danger

"Ugh. He can be so ANNOYING!!!" David shouted as he drove down the road. He always get irritated around his father. So cheerful and overly excited all the time. It never fails to annoy David.

Because of his high tension, he decided to pull to the side of the road. He closed his eyes and breath deep. Inhale. After a few seconds, he released it. Exhale. He does this sometimes to calm himself when he gets mad or if his dad annoyed him to a certain degree.

Because situations like these, he learned to control his emotions, else he'll end up lashing out. One way was what he's doing now: the slow breathing technique. Another way to control his emotions that he sometimes use is sleep. A nice nap can calm an angry mind.

After a couple of minutes of slow and deep breathing, he open his eyes. Then he steered the car back onto the road and continued on his way. 10 minutes later, he arrived at Rengi's. And man, it looked busy.

Compared to the restaurant that is apart of Hectors, Rengi's is the second best restaurant in town. What's great about Rengi's is that even though it looks like a restaurant, no one really goes there much to eat. People go there to hang. To relax. Their food is excellent. The employees working there are extremely nice. What makes the business really interesting is actually the owner himself.

If you look at Rengi, you may think he looks like a normal guy. He looks normal, dress in jeans and regular shirt. He a very nice guy. No one would expect that this same person just happens to be a millionaire. He's also the richest man in town.

The interesting part is that he never showed how rich he is. He always were old and worn clothing and he drives an old Camaro. But his business is huge. He has thousands of stores nationwide. And people wondered why he works like a regular employee at the Rengi's in Brinston, the town David lives in.

David drove into the parking lot. He usually parks in the front or in the middle. As he pulls into the parking space, he sees that John and Lucy have arrive at the same time, parking right by him. He always like the vehicle that John drives.

John drives a 2014 F-150 4x4 truck with a kid covering the back. Solid black, like his jacket. Big truck for a big guy. As David gets out of his car, he sees John and Lucy get out of monster.

He always laughed when he sees Lucy get out the truck. She had to step down or sometimes jump down from the truck. It's because of the lift suspension John put on the truck. It's not too high but high enough that she had to step down. He wondered if John did that on purpose. But John told him that he put it on the truck because it felt low when he bought it. He didn't like to be low. Ironic, given how tall he is.

The duo walked up to him as he stood by the car door.

"Hey. David." Lucy said.

"What's up, man?" John said as he dapped David's fist.

He just smiles. "Hey, guys. I needed this." He says as they enter the restaurant.

"Uh oh. What did your dad do this time?" John asked David. John noticed how tensed David is.

"You know how he is. So cheerful. So excited." David said moodily.

"You mean so Annoying." Lucy says with a grin.

They all laughed.

"Yes. I definitely need this."

~outside of Rengi's~

Unbeknownst to the trio as they enter the restaurant, they were being watched. 2 men wearing mysterious and suspicious clothing watched as the trio as they walked through the entrance. The 2 mysterious men looked at each other. They were sure to keep themselves at a distance. Then 1 of the 2 begin to speak. But what the man said wasn't English. It wasn't even a human language.

"The boy has grown." The man has said.

The other man replied in the same alien language. "You're right. His transformation should begin very soon."

The 1st man then laughed maliciously.

"Foolish Queen. She didn't expect us to know where her son his. It shall lead to her downfall."

The other man agreed.

"Yes. It's almost fully formed. Our master will be please when we bring it to him. Soon. Very soon, it will be ours."

They both begin laughing malicious. They were cut short however when a third man approached them. He was bigger.

In their same language, he spoke.

"Enough of this, you fools. We must take him now, before he begins to change."

The 1st man then spoke. "Not now, Devron. Too populated. We wouldn't draw attention to us now."

Devron hissed at the man. Almost sounding like a snake. "Shut up Vero. I know that. We have to be cautious."

Devron turns around and readjusted his cloak.

"Vero, Trag'huez. Let's prepare. We'll strike when they least expect it. Then we'll get the boy."

Then he begins walking away. Trag'huez then follows after him. Vero lingered on for a few more seconds. With a grin and slither of his tongue, he spoke.

"Very soon, boy. We'll be coming for you."

With that, he turns and disappears into the woods.

Who are these guys? An impending danger is approaching. What will happen to David when it arrives? Don't forget to comment or vote.