Chapter 21: The Truth: The Jewel of Dracanos

(David:)

David, Sora, Lucy, Theron, Risa and Windrum sat in the middle of Sora's living room in the Megadome. A long silence pervaded the room, no one want to speak. The silence lasted fore 10 minutes. Before Windrum cleared his throat.

"Well, I think we have waited long enough."

Lucy scoffed. "And I thought the silence would never end."

Risa sighed. "Alright. Let's begin. David do you remember when you told us you heard the Spirit of Draconos?"

"Yes. It questioned me and help me find acceptance during the Transformation." He said. Then he continued. "He also said about 'it was almost ready and fully formed'. I never understood what he meant by that."

She sighed. "But we..." She motioned to herself, Theron and Windrum. "...do."

"We also know something else." Theron said.

"What is it?"he asked.

"When we told you that you was brought to Earth for your protection, that was only a fragment of the truth."
Theron said. "Here's the real reason."

Risa spoke. "When you was born, there was a Prophecy. A Prophecy that shook the universe when it was told. And it pertains to you. You and the Jewel of Draconos. The Jewel of Draconos is one of the Galaxies greatest mythological items. For it came from the original Dragon King."

"The Dragon King? What is that?" Lucy asked.

"The Dragon King is considered a deity. It watches over the Galaxy, keep order and balance. Peace as well. The original Dragon King was Rengal Draconos. He was kind and forgiving and he hated violence, though he was no stranger to it. Before he died, he used all of his energy that he had left and created a jewel the size what you humans call a tennis ball. Then he extracted his soul and infused it into the jewel. Then he cast it away. Shortly after he died. That's one of the reasons why it's called the Jewel of Draconos." Risa looks at him. "You're wondering why all of this is pertaining to you, aren't you?"

"Yes. It feels like I'm taking a history lesson." He said, causing Lucy to giggle.

"Sorry David, but this isn't funny." Theron said with a serious look.

"I know, Theron." He looked at Risa. "Continue."

"Now, to the reason you have been brought to Earth. It is true to was Zephyrina said that you need to be protected. Here's the reason why." She sighed, then continued. "The prophecy told us that the spirit of Draconos, the same spirit that talked to you and helped you in your transformation, has chosen you or rather the Jewel has chosen you."

His eyes widened. "Chosen me? Chosen me for what?"

Risa closed her eyes and sighed. It was almost a full minute before she opened her eyes and spoke.

The kicker.

"It has chosen you to become the Dragon King."

His eyes widened as wide as they could go and he gasped. "Me? The Jewel has chosen me? To become the Dragon King?"

Risa nods. "At first, we didn't believe it. A prophecy of this scale had to be checked. We gave you a full and detailed examination. We didn't find anything and we were about dismiss the prophecy as false. That is, until.." She stopped. She continued. "...felt enormous power coming from you. It shook the whole room for 2 minutes. Then everything calmed. We couldn't explain it. We did another examination. This time we found something. It was the size of an ant. But you could feel the energy it producing. And we noticed that it was growing ever so slowly in size. The prophecy was true. But also realized something. The prophecy said something else. If someone of evil intent and has a malice soul were to obtained the Jewel and awakens it, they would become known as the Dragon Tyrant. They would be able to spread fear ad Tyranny and death all over the galaxy. We then knew that everyone will be coming after you. So we had know choice. It was decided."